• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Teaching Kids...... :(

This is some messed up shit Vader. Lucky you got though it with no major issues though.
I am studying Teaching at the moment and at my first 2 week placement my mentor teacher took a bunch of kids each week to the gym for 2 hours for their year 6/7 elective class. They did all sorts of different stuff from cardio classes to light weights. She had to get all sorts of consents and told me that alot of parents write notes for their fat children so they dont have to do any PE at all, things like "Oh little Johnny has a saw foot, so he cant do anything but sit"
Having finished school in 1993, I was shocked at the amount of overweight kids in school these days and the lack of competitiveness among them when doing PE, and the stupid thing is PE seems to have fallen way down the priority list.
I agree with Zarkov, it doents hurt kids to have a bit of rough and tumble play and skin their knees, the system is bringing kids up to be sissys.

it doents hurt kids to have a bit of rough and tumble play and skin their knees, the system is bringing kids up to be sissys.

lol I remember playing tiggy in primary school and smashing my head into a pole at full pelt :cool:

Vader, note that Policy Standards for Curriculum Planning and Programming, Assessing and Reporting to Parents K – 12 is a dead link; you could possibly argue that with no standards available, you had to make up your own. You could also point out that since they have a guide to weightlifting, which describes weightlifting as "Olympic lifts include the snatch and the clean and jerk. Power lifts include the squat, the bench press and the dead lift." - and these include deep knee bends and toe touches.

Thus, according to the NSW Education Dept, while doing a deep knee bend with 40kg on your back or touching your toes to pick up 60kg is okay, doing the same with no weight at all is dangerous.

So their standards are inconsistent. If they wish to reprimand Vader, they must at the same time abolish any and all weightlifting programmes in schools across the state.
i'm not sure who writes these completely stupid guidelines. most likely some soft cock education dept exec. We have an obesity problem in our country. what do we do? prevent them from doing decent exercise
Well, apparently we get them to play some kind of football. According to their publication, How fit and active are students today?,

"less than half the number of young people in NSW have mastered all the fundamental motor skills tested (run, vertical jump, catch, overhead throw, kick and forehand strike)"

Now, in what way are these "fundamental motor skills"? Why are these particular motor skills chosen? Why not horizontal jump, underhand throw, safe lifting of heavy objects, and so on? Well... all those "fundamental motor skills" translate to football.

Thus, while touching your toes and doing a deep knee bend is considered inherently dangerous, having 12 stone of Year 8 fullback smash into you at a great rate of knots is considered just farken bonza, mate. Obviously some cocksmock in the Dept likes rugger.

Thanks Kyle Aaron,

In the end it all points to pencil pushers and suits making all the big calls.

Calls made from behind a desk.

The way of the world.

The weightlifting argument won't stick as it's a far cry from a little bit of daily physical fitness done for 10 mins in the morning before class.

Sad though that a kid became so sore he couldn't walk the next day by doing 2 sets of squats. A total of 22 reps in all. Including half way down partials.( bobs up and down ).

I will not be reprimanded as I put all of the teachers in it. Doing the Nutbush at dancing, the kids do a jump, clap, squat then turn. We will however be retrained as a staff on a pupil free day early next year. LOL

Will be less boring than some. Hopefully with a nice little instructor to keep us motivated. :)

Respect to you Vader for being a teacher, I could never do it! I teach my nieces and nephews the most inappropriate shit lol... wolf whistles, ass slaps, wedgies, noogies and dead arms... and they're only 2 lol :)

Believe it or not Morgan, your doing them a favour. All my 5 kids are so worldly due to the s h i t I do to them. They have gone and are going through school without a problem in the world. All 5 will be at the same High School next year.

You need a licence for a snake or spider, but any f u c k w i t can have a kid. Those parents giving Rob a hard time should have to do Tabata Thrusters or TUDL's lol.

I have been through the ringer this week.

As a 4th grade primary teacher I took all of the boys for morning fitness. ie all the boys.

We did mostly balance and movement tasks with a few lunges and squats for good measure.

It seems that one of the boys from the other class had sore legs the next day.

His fat sedentary parents took him to the doctor.

The doctor said that deep knee bends are contra indicated and should not be done.

Bingo. Lots of problems here. I am probably gonna presume that the parents have never exercised? Fat, sedentary. That says it all. ANd of course in my experience, many doctors have no idea what they are doing anyways.

Now I find myself in meetings with my boss, the parents and the kid all week. I have been dressed down and cross examined like a criminal.

The kid and his parents have no idea what DOMS soreness is. What a disgrace. He is thin, pale and unwell looking.

We have all this crap on tv about childhood obesity epidemics yet the kids aren't allowed to do any exercise. Slow controlled squats are a normal biological movement. Has the world gone mad?
Yes the world has gone mad. The world we live in is crazy. I am not at all surprised you got treated like you did, because the world today is stuffed. Personally, if I were you, I forget about being a teacher, and go into a different field if you can. Because if this is how you are going to be treated, I be seriously considering a career change. And at the same time, you have those complain there are not enough teachers lol.

Lets look at how the world works today, a parent is not allowed to discipline a child if the child does something wrong. ANd if a child is not taught what is right or what is wrong, how the hell will they know what is right or wrong as they get older? No wonder we have more and more children become criminals.

IN my younger years during high school, I have to admit I wasn't much into exercise or sports, the reason being I had very bad exercise induced asthma, so I was messed up, but luckily, I was never overweight. Whenever I tried something, I just reacted badly. Not much I could do. Thankfully I am nowhere near like that now.

Last edited:
The Education Department is only covering their pissweak gutless arse.It`s the idiot parents putting on all the pressure and the desk jockeys just pander to them.I`m sure they are all sitting back in the office saying, "Damn I wish other teachers would make kids workout a bit like that.If enough did it and enough kids were happy these monster parents wouldn`t complain but sigh.... we have to give in to them".

Considering that there are something like 50,000 substantiated reports of child abuse annually [source] in Australia, it seems silly for the parents to be worried about a bit of DOMS from a teacher, the kids are much more likely to be suffering something far worse at home.

I'm disgusted hearing that Vader.

With education guidelines like that no wonder society is producing more and more soft, spineless little wimps.

My G/F is a teacher (year 3) and the amount of shit she tells me just pisses me off. Infact she is taking a 12 month rest from teaching to save her own sanity. These parents really do live in their own little worlds. These are the same type of parents that pump their child antibiotics at the sign of any little sniffle. How did the meetings go with the parents?

It's a complex problem that will worsen before it has an oppurtunity to get any better.
But quite frankly I do not see this improving it's been going on far too long and past the point of return.

The problem is not the parents, I goes much deeper into the how and what our society values.
It's cause and effect.

Here's and idea,

Take all the snot nose kids and their 'know it all'
parents.

Pack em all up and send them to a developing country
and enroll them in a class there. Let's see the reaction
after that about "squats, and touching their toes" :D

PPL who grow up in this country from a young age
DON'T realise how lucky they have it! I was amazed
at how rude the kids were to their 'teachers' when
I first got here! If that ever happend back home not
only would I have got the cain but when I got home
my dad would've knocked my block off!

Anyway there's my rant.
Devante.
P.S. To all the teachers out there in any field You DO
GREAT work. ;)

I can understand your frustration vader nator. Who was it that wrote the PE/H/PD Syllabus anyway. What were they thinking? In our youth we were involved in much different sports (and more variety) and some of these involved the types of movements that you are taling about. There is nothing wrong with us... we turned out ok. I have to agree what is the world coming to?
Sorry to hear that something that you thought would be so basic and simple would get you into so much strife. Will have to keep that in mind for my own benefit.

Aqua

P.S Limiting carbs late in the afternoon really has provided me with some benefits to my lifting.

I remember doing weightless squats in Primary School with arms out in front for balance, then doing sit ups while your mate held your feet down.
Hate to be a kid in school these days. FFS!!!!!!!!