• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tanita scales - anyone used them?

Hydration levels are a definite factor for these things. Drink a big glass of water, step back on and watch the % drop faster than niagara falls..

Mainly because Neddy qualified his answer, and generally adds things to meaningful discussion, while you will find with Bazza, that he generally adds nothing to discussion, does not qualify his answer, and will argue what ever the opposite is. Plus from Neddies inconstant all over the place reading I am guessing he had very cheap unreliable scales that just did not read constantly, while Bazza's one gave a higher reading as he was getting leaner, the opposite to what they will do, and another the sky is green scenario in Bazza world.

Plus he has an unhealthy obsession with my apparent 30-50% body fat that he seems to know everything about without having ever met me seen me, or knowing anything about me:p

The quality of these scales is easy to test, will they give repeatable results?? I can step off mine, reset them and retest and they will give the same reading within 0.1% every time, so they are consistent, however I am unsure that the reading is the correct body fat percentage, but if they are constant, and repeatable, they are a good tool to see if your body composition is changing.

Hydration may also affect the reading, however my scales will give you a separate hydration reading as well as muscle mass %, so you can compare readings if you track them, I used to track them in a notebook with daily readings.
cheers mick, thanks for the explanation.

No problems, always happy to share my personal experiences.

But I'm not allowed to share mine regarding the scales? Again good one Mick.

Has the sun fried your brain out their with the regular above world record temperatures. Lol.

You are allowed to share what ever you like or what ever you imagination comes up with, it's a free world. Not that warm yet, only looking at mild 28-35 degree days at the moment.

What happened to your training log [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; ?? or has it not been updated for a while.

You are allowed to share what ever you like or what ever you imagination comes up with, it's a free world. Not that warm yet, only looking at mild 28-35 degree days at the moment.

Don't log any more for the time being. Not doing anything special or aiming for anything, just training 3-4 times a week, lift some weights and get on with life.