• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Taking a week off after going at it for 2 months?

thechosenone

Hey ive been doin the beginners str program now for 2 months and i must say the results are awsome. Just wondering if anyone would take a week off to maybe give the body a rest, some people say to do it but im improving well every week and dont wanna take a week off suggestions?

If it works it works. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I know if I had a machine that printed money...and after it spat out $1500 I wouldn't turn it off for a few months then come back again!!

keep going if you feel good. after months and months though take a week off, you'l feel better, give your cns a rest.
like maybe after 6-7 months.
jut my opinion

If you feel tired rest, simple, no point in overdoing it if you feel you really need a break, i have taken a week off ( sometimes more with a flu etc. ) on several occasions and always come back feeling better, stronger and having a sharper focus than before the rest. That being said though 3x a week weights training only for an hour or so per session isnt a lot of strain on the body if you live a sedentary lifestyle, i work a physical job as do many others, rest is sometimes a requirement.

Hey ive been doin the beginners str program now for 2 months and i must say the results are awsome. Just wondering if anyone would take a week off to maybe give the body a rest, some people say to do it but im improving well every week and dont wanna take a week off suggestions?

What will you do on your week off?

Ive been training for almost 18months and have never taken more than 3 days off.

I would go insane if i didnt train for a week.

Keep training imo..

Ive been training for almost 18months and have never taken more than 3 days off.

I would go insane if i didnt train for a week.

Keep training imo..

You have never had an injury or a flu? If not i admire your effort mate, good stuff!

You have never had an injury or a flu? If not i admire your effort mate, good stuff!

I have but i have never taken more then 1 sesson off.

I have injured my back, so i did upper body.

Injured my wrist, so i just went in and did 10 sets of squats.

I have had the flu. I took the day off that was the worst part of the flu and pushed through the remainding of it.

I really love lifting weights and absolutely hate missing sessions - so i miss as little as possible :)

take a week off from the program, still workout just mix things ups. do some max pushups or play around with olympic lifts, do some front squats.

mix it up.