• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tabouleh: The King Of Salads

I love that it has an array of flavours, it begins with fresh crisp capsicum, cucumber, onion, goats milk fetta, olives, tomato, raddish and then the dressing. But in saying that i enjoy fattoush because of the same reason plus i LOVE emjadrah, i just never liked tabouli, my mum used to make it everyweek and as a kid i would refuse it, too much parsley for my liking.

Love your answer; thank you very much for that.

Fadi.

When I was younger I used to date an Egyptian girl, and dinner time at her parent's house was the BOMB!
I used to be addicted to tabouleh, falafel, babaganush and molokhia!
Her mum was so happy that this little Italian boy loved her cooking so much that it was a feast every time I went there! LOL

Yeah, i dont think i've met 1 person who doesn't enjoy my mothers cooking or any lebanese/egyptian cooking.. i know i love it.

Fadi, are you familiar with Kebe Nay?

Yeah, i dont think i've met 1 person who doesn't enjoy my mothers cooking or any lebanese/egyptian cooking.. i know i love it.

He's lebanese ,what do you think :p

Last edited:

Ah okay, here's where I got a little confused. I've been thinking that you Mrsn00bs were n00bs girlfriend (who if I remember correctly was Lebanese). So you must appreciate why I would find your above question a bit funny.

My mistake, sorry.

Yes Mrsn00bs, I'm Lebanese and I live in Greenacre and yes, I'm very fond of Kebe Nayeh.

Please check this out: Raw Meat!

Fadi.

lol well i am actually n00bs girlfriend, so i can understand why the question was confusing, but i just wanted to make sure rather than assume and make a fool of myself.

i apologise for any confusion.

P.S i'm glad someone else can enjoy kebe nayeh as i do.

lol well i am actually n00bs girlfriend, so i can understand why the question was confusing, but i just wanted to make sure rather than assume and make a fool of myself.

i apologise for any confusion.

P.S i'm glad someone else can enjoy kebe nayeh as i do.

Not a problem. Have you had any other type of raw meat, say like freshly bought or made kefta? How about lamb's liver diced and sprinkled with bit of salt and pepper? All real food and all great for you, especially the liver at a certain time of the month since there's no other food richer in iron like it.

PS: You mean n00bs doesn't share your sentiments here :)? What's your favourite Lebanese sweet by the way?

Take care now...

Fadi.

Not a problem. Have you had any other type of raw meat, say like freshly bought or made kefta? How about lamb's liver diced and sprinkled with bit of salt and pepper? All real food and all great for you, especially the liver at a certain time of the month since there's no other food richer in iron like it.

PS: You mean n00bs doesn't share your sentiments here :)? What's your favourite Lebanese sweet by the way?

Take care now...

Fadi.

I am a big kafta eater fadi, i love kebe, but not ney the taste does nothing for me and i also dont enjoy the texture...

My fave is below..

250px-Kibbeh3.jpg

I am a big kafta eater fadi, i love kebe, but not ney the taste does nothing for me and i also dont enjoy the texture...

My fave is below..

250px-Kibbeh3.jpg

Fair enough n00bs. As for the texture, I do understand. Some folks don't put enough burghul and some put too much; that could be it I say. I'm like you; if the texture is not 100% on the money, I'd also give it a miss.

Fadi.

Last edited:
you're both delirious, no matter the texture i would eat in a heartbeat!!! Yeah i eat raw kefta and i dont enjoy the taste of the liver too much, but i do eat the raw diced lamb pieces.

Ah Tabouleh, my favourite of all the lebanese foods. You can basically throw any meat that you want with it and it tastes amazing.

How long do you guys take to make the salad?

It took me about an hr lol, is there any way that makes chopping up the parsley easier?

Thanks!

Also do you guys think I could make up this recipe x 5 on a Sunday and for it to be good for my work days mon - Friday?

Do you think it will taste foul by the time Friday comes?

Cheers

Also do you guys think I could make up this recipe x 5 on a Sunday and for it to be good for my work days mon - Friday?

Do you think it will taste foul by the time Friday comes?

Cheers

Dont add the tomato, lemon or oil too it until you want to eat it...

Preprepare the parsley and just add as you need keep in fridge..

From all the videos I seen I think I need a large tall knife to be able to bounce it around and cut it finely...

Does anyone here put it in a food processor or something?

Just want to make my life easier lol