• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

suppliments?

goobs1990

Can anyone recommend any supplements to add to what im taking?

wpi protein
animal pak
reload(amino)
black powder

I'm 20yrs old male trying to lose weight as well as bulk up. I do 2-3 weight session a week as well as cardio 3-4 times. diets pretty good

Hi Goobs and welcome to the forum.

Drop the crap your taking, supplements are no substitute for hard training and a good clean diet. Please post your diet and workouts for us?!?

Supplements you may buy without being ripped off:
*Wpi or wpc in bulk flavoured or unflavoured your choice. I personally go unfaloured and add cocao and steiva which is the BEST taste and the healthiest way of doing it.
*fishoil
* good multivitamin I recommend tresoB
If you want to add a few extras:
*creatine monohydrate (buy in bulk cheap)
*glutamine same as above

You can buy that stuff from
Bulknutrients
Proffesionalwhey
eBay

If it has a fancy wrapping and talks about pumps, massive size and strength gains and it's American made then ditch it. Time for some hard work and a good diet. All the best to you on your journey, any advice you get from our more experienced members will be priceless andshould not be taken lightly.

Now you say you are trying to loose weight and bulk up. I would ask you again to post your workout? Also please post the weights you lift. Don't be shy about it you will recieve no criticism here just help, it gives us an understanding of your experience.:)

Last edited:

wpi protein
animal pak
reload(amino)
black powder

I'm 20yrs old male trying to lose weight as well as bulk up. I do 2-3 weight session a week as well as cardio 3-4 times. diets pretty good

Theres the start of your problem right there.

As far as supplements, I'm an old man compared to you, and have found what worked when I was 20 (basically nothing but protein) and now (ZMA, BCAA, DMAA so far) are obviously different.

Good rule of thumb - any supplement that isn't a food derivative is probably shit.

I'd get a high quality generic protein powder and from there add supplements based on health needs (eg multi, fish oil)

Cheers :)

well my workout routine goes as such
bp 70kgx8x3
lat pull 54kgx10x3
leg press 340kgx10x3
with these in between sets
bicep curl 25x15x3
tri pushdown 25x15x3
shouder press 35x15x3

i do this 2-3 times a wk with 30mins of cardio in between sessions

my rough diet is
breakfast 30grams of oats with protein shake
snack chicken breast with wholemeal bun
lunch 150gram of beef with lettuce,tomato,cottage cheese,snow peas and protein shake
snack 20grams of almonds
dinner 150grams of chicken with lettuce,tomato cottage cheese snow peas and protein shake.

also have animal pak every morning

snack

Hi again goobs thanks for posting your workout and diet. Ok I will pre warn you your about to cop allot of the word SQUAT from everyone.

Your diet is better then Some peoples but still desires allot of improvement. Firstly I would suggest the basics, make sure six times a day you find a way to have the protein you need. 20 almonds does not cut it as a meal. Gone are the days where you eat three good meals and have an apple and some almonds in between.

Eat six meals a day. Meals not snacks. If you can't prepare a meal protein shakes, milk, some nuts, bit of fruit and a macro shake are tools that can get you through those situations where you can't heat up a chicken breast and some greens.

Your workout is similar to what you need to be doing except your using your training wheels. Please go to the beginner section in either the bodybuilding or power lifting section and you will find what you NEED to be doing. No more leg press - SQUATS no more lat pull downs - chinups! If you can't do it on a power rack or the floor chances are your wasting you time. Do this until you are strong then you van look at adding more assistance work.

Best of luck on your goals, it's a good thing to start a training journal too.

Hi again goobs thanks for posting your workout and diet. Ok I will pre warn you your about to cop allot of the word SQUAT from everyone.

Your diet is better then Some peoples but still desires allot of improvement. Firstly I would suggest the basics, make sure six times a day you find a way to have the protein you need. 20 almonds does not cut it as a meal. Gone are the days where you eat three good meals and have an apple and some almonds in between.

Eat six meals a day. Meals not snacks. If you can't prepare a meal protein shakes, milk, some nuts, bit of fruit and a macro shake are tools that can get you through those situations where you can't heat up a chicken breast and some greens.

Your workout is similar to what you need to be doing except your using your training wheels. Please go to the beginner section in either the bodybuilding or power lifting section and you will find what you NEED to be doing. No more leg press - SQUATS no more lat pull downs - chinups! If you can't do it on a power rack or the floor chances are your wasting you time. Do this until you are strong then you van look at adding more assistance work.

Best of luck on your goals, it's a good thing to start a training journal too.
good post.

Hi Goobs and welcome to the forum.

Drop the crap your taking, supplements are no substitute for hard training and a good clean diet. Please post your diet and workouts for us?!?

Supplements you may buy without being ripped off:
*Wpi or wpc in bulk flavoured or unflavoured your choice. I personally go unfaloured and add cocao and steiva which is the BEST taste and the healthiest way of doing it.
*fishoil
* good multivitamin I recommend tresoB
If you want to add a few extras:
*creatine monohydrate (buy in bulk cheap)
*glutamine same as above

You can buy that stuff from
Bulknutrients
Proffesionalwhey
eBay

Don't forget Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding sponsors
such as
Amino Z Australia's largest online supplement store , who have been a great long term sponsor of Ausbb , offering many great supplies

puresupplementpowders pure supplement powders of the highest possible quality

and
Universal Health and Fitness - Your 1-stop shop for sports nutrition supplements in Australia

How much do you weigh? And self appraisal I'd no appraisal at all so please post photos of you in a dress and we will judge.

Supplements

Are there any good protein shakes that will assist you with bulking up that you would recommend, I've never been a huge eater I'm pretty lazy and If I force myself to eat I feel sick.

I would much rather drink than eat.
I have only been working out for a few months now and I have been looking at supplements to buy but I hear all these mixed reports about different powders and then I signed up to this website and I get the feeling they are no good.

Im an amature so I have no idea what to buy or do..

Any advice?

Hi, hope i can offer some help, don't try to achieve 2 things at once (lose weight and bulk up) you will likely fail on both or it will take a long time.

Eat more food, much more than what you eat, maybe ditch the cardio.

I am trying to build muscle and ditched the cardio (only warm up), eat 6 times a day+ some protein shakes.

I believe it is attainable to loose weight and grow muscle. Depends how much you gave to loose though. No point if your 150kg starting a bulk diet.... I think a bulking diet should only be used from people who are at a healthy weight.

Are there any good protein shakes that will assist you with bulking up that you would recommend, I've never been a huge eater I'm pretty lazy and If I force myself to eat I feel sick.

I would much rather drink than eat.
I have only been working out for a few months now and I have been looking at supplements to buy but I hear all these mixed reports about different powders and then I signed up to this website and I get the feeling they are no good.

Im an amature so I have no idea what to buy or do..

Any advice?

Refer to my first post. If you want "bulking" protein add dextrose, you can buy it at Coles. Bulk is done through your diet though. A supplement is a supplement not a substitute. Buy Australian or NZ made bulk no frills brands as stated in the above websites and your guaranteed value and quality without false deceiving promises.

If you want to take it one step further get unflavored protein and flavor it with cacoa (not coco) and steiva. This will not only give you your protein but an excellent boost of antioxidants and flavanoids. Professionalwhey is a good supplier for cacoa and steiva.

Personally mate I would drop the whole meal bun from your diet. Smash your veggies into you. Train 3 times a week doing compound lifts. Do HIIT a much as your body will let you. I.e sprints, burpees, barbell complexes, stair climbs etc etc think of something hard and do it.

Best of luck to you

wpi protein
animal pak
reload(amino)
black powder

I dont know how you can lose weight and bulk up at the same time mate?

Take Scivation Xtend, its a intra-workout supp, rated high and personally i agree. I would give up the animal pak and just take Now Adams Multi's there the same thing basically but only 2 tabs.

You need to have more weight training days unless your doing a whole body workout 2-3 times a week.