• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplement/Weight gain advice needed

T

thegw

Couple of disclaimers before I get into it:
*I have done a bit of research on different supplements, however the amount of very different reviews and different stacks becomes confusing.
*I know there are people who believe natural supplements do very little and the hard stuff is the only way to go, but that isn’t an option for me.

I am 25, currently weigh around 75kg and I compete regularly in Kyokushin karate and kickboxing.
I used to sit between 65kg (lean) to 70 kg but early this year I made the decision to go heavier – I upped my calories first and this helped, and I also did a bit of research into herbs and sups that boosted testosterone, I took them every day and in the first few months I had great results.
Stack I was taking (no science behind the stack or how they complement each other)

Vitamin C, Multi Vitamin, ZMA
Tribulus
Testoroid
5 Methoxy-7 Methoxy
I think it was 6 OXO? Or 3, 6, 17 Androdesterione??
Beta Ecdesterone
Maca Root
Forskohilli
And also a ‘mens’ topical cream with a number of herbal ingredients
Creatine, Protein powder, NoXplode and Beta Alanine

I was lifting heavy weights (for me) with separate days for chest (max bench 112kg), back (max dead lift 180kg), tris and bis...didn’t do legs :p
I got to 80kg relatively quickly and there was a definite size and strength difference, albeit higher fat content but my physique was ok.
Not sure if it was all a placebo effect, but when I stopped all these sup’s I couldn’t gain anymore, I completely got stuck at 80kg.

I have since dropped back to 75kg for a recent fight, but I want to jump to 85kg as quick as possible without taking anything banned by the Anti doping fed.

I have a few tablets left of each of the above minus the Andro and the Beta.
My question is, what to take, what not to take etc. What stack do you recommend? I have done some reading on ‘supabol’ and that seems pretty powerful? I don’t mind if it is synthetic just as long as it isn’t banned...10kg is a big number but I am a believer in these sups and willing to work hard.
Any information would be greatly appreciated – detail a powerful stack for me guys

Raw milk + raw honey + eggs + squats = win..

Re read what you wrote and say it out loud slowly, and then relaise how stupid its sounds...

Not sure if it was all a placebo effect, but when I stopped all these sup’s I couldn’t gain anymore
If you were not gaining enough its quite simple you were not eating enough.

Eat more lift more sleep more. its not hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supplement your perfect diet with supplements, not fix holes in your diet with supplements.

n00bs and silverback are completely right. If you can't gain any weight by just eating theres something wrong.

That's a lot of stuff you were taking there, must have burnt a whole in the wallet.

As above and hit those legs hard too.
Creatine and Beta Alanine will suffice, since you still have some..

Are you not training your legs because of the kickboxing? If not then train them, they will be your biggest test booster.

As mentioned lift heavy and get enough food. also make sure you're getting plenty of fat, zinc and brocolli.

If I was kickboxing I would want the strongest hips I could get, would be hard if I did not squat.

Good luck with all those supps, you must be rich.

Are you not training your legs because of the kickboxing? If not then train them, they will be your biggest test booster.

As mentioned lift heavy and get enough food. also make sure you're getting plenty of fat, zinc and brocolli.

Ive been reading up on broccoli and it's effects. From what I've learnt it does help your hormones in a positive way but unless your eating it organically it could be doing more harm then good. "Aparently" broccoli absorbs the chemicals that are sprayed on it more then any other vegetable. I also believe from what I've read that you would have to eat four pounds a day to get the desired effect on you hormones.
Posted via Mobile Device

Howdy Thegw,

A couple of years ago I was in your same shoes as I was fighting at a given weight but to jump up to the next it meant I had to put on a ton of weight (whilst staying fit!).

To be honest mate, natural test boosters are what they are. Get some bulk trib with high protodioscin (is that how to spell it???). It will work but the results will come from your diet and training.

The funny thing is, as you compete on higher levels, you will notice that drug testing in combat sports is almost laughable. On a national level, I didn't know anyone (who was successful) who didn't take things a step further "supplement wise" if you know what I mean. Once you go over to the 'dark side', it is hard not to laugh at people paying hundreds for this natural test boost crap.

So just eat more calories and keep protein bloody high. I had to boost mine to just under 8,000 to move up to the next weight class in my competition days. Perhaps ease back on the cardio as well.

Good luck mate.

Couple of disclaimers before I get into it:
*I have done a bit of research on different supplements, however the amount of very different reviews and different stacks becomes confusing.
*I know there are people who believe natural supplements do very little and the hard stuff is the only way to go, but that isn’t an option for me.

I am 25, currently weigh around 75kg and I compete regularly in Kyokushin karate and kickboxing.
I used to sit between 65kg (lean) to 70 kg but early this year I made the decision to go heavier – I upped my calories first and this helped, and I also did a bit of research into herbs and sups that boosted testosterone, I took them every day and in the first few months I had great results.
Stack I was taking (no science behind the stack or how they complement each other)

Vitamin C, Multi Vitamin, ZMA
Tribulus
Testoroid
5 Methoxy-7 Methoxy
I think it was 6 OXO? Or 3, 6, 17 Androdesterione??
Beta Ecdesterone
Maca Root
Forskohilli
And also a ‘mens’ topical cream with a number of herbal ingredients
Creatine, Protein powder, NoXplode and Beta Alanine

I was lifting heavy weights (for me) with separate days for chest (max bench 112kg), back (max dead lift 180kg), tris and bis...didn’t do legs :p
I got to 80kg relatively quickly and there was a definite size and strength difference, albeit higher fat content but my physique was ok.
Not sure if it was all a placebo effect, but when I stopped all these sup’s I couldn’t gain anymore, I completely got stuck at 80kg.

I have since dropped back to 75kg for a recent fight, but I want to jump to 85kg as quick as possible without taking anything banned by the Anti doping fed.

I have a few tablets left of each of the above minus the Andro and the Beta.
My question is, what to take, what not to take etc. What stack do you recommend? I have done some reading on ‘supabol’ and that seems pretty powerful? I don’t mind if it is synthetic just as long as it isn’t banned...10kg is a big number but I am a believer in these sups and willing to work hard.
Any information would be greatly appreciated – detail a powerful stack for me guys
WOW..........

I would suggest you read these Threads -

http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/153...ng-post-workout-anabolic-window-gi-myths.html

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/15414-supplements-dont-matter.html

Once you have read them, read them again. :)

Supplements are ONLY beneifical to help you meet your DIETARY REQUIREMENTS. Take it from someone who has/is in the SUPPLEMENT INDUSTRY ;)

But if it's not organic are there more negatives then positives?
Posted via Mobile Device

No difference.

The term organic is just a marketing gimmick. Organic farmers can still use pesticides and herbicides the trick is they have to be natural. It uses the naturalistic fallacy. Assuming that just because it's natural it's better or safe. We know this is not the case.

Natural Chemicals are still chemicals and are often less effective and more dangerous than the conventional alternatives.

If your worried, wash your veggies before you eat them.