• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplement reviews

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE MORTAR FRUIT PUNCH

TASTE 4 STARS
MIXABILITY 5 STARS
DIGESTABILITY 5 STARS
PUMP 3 STARS
VASCULARITY 3 STARS
INTENSITY 4.5 STARS
STRENGTH 4 STARS
ENDURANCE 5 STARS
COST PER SERVE $2.25 per 45gram serve on Perfect Body Supplements website.

General comments-This product is more for those that want specific essential amino acids, mainly for before, during and after training. It contains a small serve of Glutamine. Thinking i had a pre workout drink i drank it before training. My workload today was back and delts. I covered 18 sets in 45 minutes and did a mixture of big weight low rep supersetted with lighter and higher rep sets. This does give a smallish pump but this product isnt made for pumps. I did notice realy good endurance and intensity. No sugar crash to speak of.

Supplemental Facts:
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (45g)
Servings Per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving
Total Calories 120
Calories From Fat 0
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 30 g 10%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 15 g
Protein 0 g

L-Leucine 7 g
L-Isoleucine 1.75 g
L-Valine 1.75 g

Revival Agent Glutamine 2.5 g

Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial flavors, Natural and Artificial colors, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 level scoop in 12-15 ounces of water and shake well. On training days or other athletic activities, consume one serving (45 grams) before training and one serving during training.

Note: Manufacturers continually change product specifications. While we try our best to keep product descriptions up to date, they do not necessarily reflect the latest information available from the manufacturer. We are not responsible for incorrect or outdated product descriptions and/or images.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,

AZZA

Thats the reviews up to date as per the other thread on another site. My next reviews are CytoSport Monster range.
Monster Pump
Monster Amino
Monster Maize

Then i am doing Primordial Pre-Max which came in this week from the USA, its brand new over there, i am attempting to get more newer cutting edge supplememts for 2010.
AZZA

Hey mate - I have been using Syn-Tec products for awhile now and just thought id try and find some reviews and I found these! - great review mate and I have to agree with you they are great products - very underrated!

Im even thinking of stocking them in the gym I like the product line so much.

Hey mate - I have been using Syn-Tec products for awhile now and just thought id try and find some reviews and I found these! - great review mate and I have to agree with you they are great products - very underrated!

Im even thinking of stocking them in the gym I like the product line so much.

I'm glad you like them, i realy like the Jamacian Chocolate flavour. If a little dear, the quality is there.
AZZA

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

I've just finished my Christmas/New Year break which means no gym and no work. However i am back into it this week with bigger, better and major going forward for this year with my own development and my goals for my reviews. My reviews will start on Thursday and i will be on the Monster Supp's until finished. From there its Primordial Pre-Max followed up with VPX products, then it depends on which mail arrives first but i have coming Infinite Labs and ASN. I have also just completed another bulk mail out and i have duplicated my supplement review thread on another forum. This will enable me more leverage with the supp companys to get more and more products for this year. I have many reviews to do as promised and will be reviewed in my usual way, THE GYM. I aim to get bigger and stronger and post some pb's and get back to basics a bit and increase my muscle. I plan on training like a freak.

AZZA

SUPPLEMENTS JUST IN VPX

NO SHOTGUN in Watermelon
NO SYNTHESIZE in Exotic Fruit

Thanks to Djuro from Premium Health Distribution for his generosity with plenty of samples.

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW CYTOSPORT MONSTER AMINO RANGE

I have been using the CytoSport Monster range of supplements. Over the course of 4 workouts i have had the 3 products covering pre-workout/during training/post-workout. Combined with the water its about 1ltr all up. I am reviewing each product on its own merits and will give a overview of the range of products.

CYTOSPORT MONSTER PUMP TANGY ORANGE

TASTE 4 STARS
MIXABILITY 4.5 STARS
DIGESTABILITY 5 STARS
PUMP 3 STARS
VASCULARITY 4.5 STARS
INTENSITY 4.5 STARS
STRENGTH 4 STARS
ENDURANCE 5 STARS
COST PER SERVE $3.00

General Comments-The tangy orange is best taken with cold water as its very tangy if you used room temperature water. It does foam up a little bit and shaking it can blow the lid on your shaker so remember that when taking off the lid. Its a good pre-workout drink but nothing extrordinary. There is no Beta-Alanine and only 200mg of caffeine so there realy isnt a real buzz or tingles like other drinks, however the vascularity was outstanding and this being my first back/biceps workout for the year it all seemed very easy going through my sets and reps like a hot knife through butter. At the end of my workout i felt like going and doing more except for time constraints i would of. I also sipped on another Monster product during the workout so the effect of the Monster Maize with the carbs helped.

2.65 Lbs. Blue Raspberry
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 Scoop ( 40g )
Servings Per Container30

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 100

Total Carbohydrates 25g 10%
Sugars 4g **
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 90mg 150%
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxyl-5-Phosphate) 10mg 500%
Vitamin B12 (As Cyanocobalamin) 60mg 1000%
Sodium 150mg 6%
Potassium 220mg 6%

MonsterVol™ Cellular Volumizing Complex - 17.2g **
Waxy Maize Starch, L-Arginine, Dextrose (D-Glucose), Malic Acid, Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Glycerine, Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Kre-Alkalyn (PH Buffered Creatine Monohydrate), L-Citruline, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, L-Norvaline

Monster Strength™ Lean Mass Complex - 2g **
L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine

Monster Fuel™ Cellular Energy Complex - 11.4g **
Maltodextrin, Alpha-L-Polylactate, Carbogen®

Monster Focus™ Mental Focus Complex - 500mg **
Glucuronolactone, Caffeine (200mg)

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Citric Acid, Crystalline Fructose, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Fruit And Vegetable Extract (Added For Color), Acesulfame Potassium, Gum Blend (Cellulose, Xanthan, Carrageenan), Sucralose, Carmine (Added For Color).

AZZA
modify_inline.gif

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW CYTOSPORT MONSTER MAIZE FRUIT PUNCH

TASTE 1 STARS
MIXABILITY 3 STARS
DIGESTABILITY 5 STARS
INTENSITY 4.5 STARS
ENDURANCE 5 STARS
COST PER SERVE 86cents!!

General comments-I do not like this taste at all, there are a lot of supp companys and only a few manufacturers and alot of them are similar tasting with the flavourings they use, i can think of 6 products now that all tasted the same, bloody horrible. In another flavour though this would be excellent, its cheap at 86 cents a serve and delivers the goods to fuel your workouts with the glucose replenishing that it is. Glucose polymers are the fastest carbs to have when doing weights or any exercise and hydrates you at the same time. So for me its a yes and a different flavour please.

Energy KJ/Cal 100g: 1489 / 355
Protein %: 0
Carbohydrate Total %: 88
Carbohydrate Sugar %: 2
Fat Total %: N/A
Fat Saturated %: N/A
Sodium %: 7
Potassium %: 8
Serving Size: 30
Protein Grams Serve: N/A
Sugar Grams Serve: 1
Fat Tot Grams Serve: N/A
Sat Fat Grams Serve: N/A
Sodium Mg Serve: 170
Potassium Mg Serve: 290
Energy KJ/Cal Serve: 670 / 160

AZZA

SUPPLEMENT REVIEW CYTOSPORT MONSTER AMINO

TASTE 2.5 STARS
MIXABILITY 3 STARS
DIGESTABILITY 3 STARS
RECOVERY-I'll see toomorow.
COST PER SERVE $2.49

General Comments-The taste of this is similar but a little better than the Monster Maize. It does foam up, then settles, and has a after taste, bit chalky if you know what i mean. Think Musashi Recovery water based protein drinks and you will understand. The product is aimed squarely at starting the recovery process with a insulin spike of carbs and BCAA's and also has a digestive enzyme. I will see how sore i am toomorow.

2.65 Lbs. Blue Raspberry
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Scoop(40g)
Servings Per Container30

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 120

Total Carbohydrates 30g 10%
Sugars <1g **
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 10mg 500%
Sodium 150mg 6%
Potassium 210mg 6%

L-Isoleucine 1.25g **
L-Leucine 2.5g **
L-Valine 1.25g **
Carbogen® 100mg **
(Complex Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes)

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Monster Maize Unique Complex Carbohydrate Blend Including Amylopectin, Waxy Maize Starch, And Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Acesulfame Potassium, Fruit And Vegetable Extract (Added For Color), Sucralose

AZZA

I think to do a proper review you should do it as a log and note your training and dietry intakes aswell. You do you reckon Azza?

I think to do a proper review you should do it as a log and note your training and dietry intakes aswell. You do you reckon Azza?
Not a bad idea Shrek, there are so many variables with training and diet. I could combine my training log. My current diet is the seafood diet, i just eat plenty with the emphasis on a clean diet. My diet is not ideal or training but i do consistently the same thing at roughly the same time. I also use the same methods of making up my supps. I make everything in The Shaker the one with the whisk in the bottom. Most supps you shouldnt need a blender unless adding food etc. I'll see what i can fine tune and thanks for the advice.
AZZA

What is Pro Supps?

Pro Supps is a supplement business i have registered. My knowledge of supplements from my 13 months of reviews and my 20 years of training and supplementing has led me to my own business with a twist.

When i start selling supplements the products sold will only and i stress ONLY be products that i have used during my reviews. Only products that i have used and meet my criteria will be sold. My aim is to only sell a product that offers a benefit to the consumer and i am picking the eyes out of products i have tried and have data based. This also cuts down on products that do not need to be stocked. I will also be offering bulk product with out the fancy packaging. I hope for all the members that read my reviews understand my vested interest. As a consequence you will not see any product i have not tried. My ethics, honesty and integrity will not be waivered to make a quick buck. You will not see blatant spamming of products nor will you see any reference to my eventual website on this forum unless terms are entered with the owners of this forum which would once again not be the above.

This is a hobby business brought about by the the marketing BS and inferiour products with inflated prices being sold to ill advised consumers.

I have put my own body through vigorous excessive usage of products some that have tasetd like recycled vomit and some that have the strongest colors that will change the color of your stools.

While supplements are just that, a balanced diet should be the first items you spend your money on. Supplements in my experience offer no magic shortcut for the lazy and wallet friendly.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts.
The reviews continue as usual.

AZZA

My opinion is that the supplement market is already saturated and unless your prices are extra special it will be hard to make a buck. A member here who will remain nameless had a supp store online but had to give it away due to the saturated market and small profit margin.
Good Luck though.

It is satuated and the margins can be low (read ridiculous) but in reality how many supp shops or online shops realy care about what they are selling or just the margins and turnover. I am not saying no one cares. My opinion is there are some good supp guys out there, i have dealt with many retailers as well as suppliers and manufacturers. My idea is based on actualy getting the products i want to sell as some companys will want there whole range sold or have minimum's etc. I may only like one product out of 10 from one company. I do see your point though Shrek, i just need to stick to my plan. It's all in the spin, i am aiming for quality over quantity and also having cutting edge new products not currently available here provided they cross our borders legally for sale and meet labelling laws.
AZZA

I second what Shrek said, but don't let that stop you.

I wish you all the very best mate.

Do you have a compiled list somewhere of your recommended supps in each area?

I second what Shrek said, but don't let that stop you.

I wish you all the very best mate.

Do you have a compiled list somewhere of your recommended supps in each area?

Thats a yes. My small problem is accessing the products i would recomend, as these are products i will be using myself. A work in progress.

I will be selling firstly small bulk products, high end creatine, bete-alanine, arginine, glutamine and amino acid blends. Quality is what i strive for, we need our bodies far longer than a company needs to cost cut and short cut to save a few bucks. Due to this i will be reviewing these products and formulating my own pre training blends.

AZZA