• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Suggestions

dave

Anonymous User
Need some ideas on meal timing to reduce hunger at night.

I work 7am till 8pm and am usually pretty busy on those days. I have a good 2-3 hour break at 2pm where I train and can eat and a 30 min break at 10.30. I usually like 4 meals a day to get in my 3000 calories (10-15% below maintenance). I currently get insanely hungry when I finish work at 8 and I don't get home till just after 9 and need to take my dog out and go to bed as soon as possible to get up the next day. Between 4 or 5pm till 9.30pm I have no chance to eat and at 9.30 I just want to sleep and not cook.

I am looking at any suggested meal frequencies, foods etc that will help me through my busy night and keep me going till bed. Strategies to rework my ghrelin response are good too.

I currently do like something at 7am but am not fused about not eating till 2.

Thanks guys.

I've found eating when I wake makes me over eat all day. I usually smash a coffee, and this keeps my hunger at bay until late morning early afternoon. That, or a shake in between if i'm struggling. Doesn't really affect energy levels either. Really depends on the individual. I've got a mate who can't function if he doesn't eat every 2-3 hrs. He's a strong ecto, so that's one reason - but there may also be a psychological aspect to it.

I've found eating when I wake makes me over eat all day. I usually smash a coffee, and this keeps my hunger at bay until late morning early afternoon. That, or a shake in between if i'm struggling. Doesn't really affect energy levels either. Really depends on the individual. I've got a mate who can't function if he doesn't eat every 2-3 hrs. He's a strong ecto, so that's one reason - but there may also be a psychological aspect to it.

Functioning is fine, if I am working and not bored I don't even notice being hungry. When do you eat most of your food as I remember reading you moved towards an IF style of eating.

Functioning is fine, if I am working and not bored I don't even notice being hungry. When do you eat most of your food as I remember reading you moved towards an IF style of eating.

Yeah, sort of. Right now i'm eating very little. I've had tuna, water protein shake and a few almonds today. I'm cutting weight very hard for the next 4 days (got a weigh in)

But over the last 6-10 months I usually eat at 11am-12pm, then something smallish in between, dinner at 6-7.30 and maybe something after at 8-9pm. I've maintained my weight (93-94kg) over this time without feeling overly hungry or full. Waking the eating really threw me off. In the earlier days of bodybuilding I would be eating more mechanically every 2-3 hrs. Unless you're a full time bodybuilder looking to compete its really not conducive to a balanced lifestyle. And the difference from robotic eating to my current lax regimen has been quite little. I think it's important that pre and post work out nutrition are in check but worrying about eating every 2 hrs is quite stupid - a myth perpetuated and just happens to live on. The single biggest factor over the last 10 years of training for me, has been what you eat not so much when you eat it.

The best meal IMO that could help would be whole eggs and veggies. You got the slowest digesting protein source (most likely due to the fat content) and then with the veggies the fibre will help with the whole sanitation (protein, fats and fibre). Prefect meal for Ghrelin control IMO Dave.

Next morning is not an issue it is between 4-9.30pm and I am starving by 7 and only have quick snacks at the train station or nothing. And after 13 hours at work I usually have little patience with eating and waiting to get home. I am trying a big meal today post training (about 2000 cals) and if I am still hungry I may try sneaking a micellar and milk shake in whilst I run for the train.