• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sugar May Be Bad, But This Sweetener Is Far More Deadly

It actually hs 9 parts. You have to go to youtube to watch the last 6. I'm up to 5 now.
Very interesting.

Thanks very much for posting this link. It has surely changed my outlook. When I started my bodybuilding diet, I cut out all sugar and I had never felt better. Now over the Christmas period I have had an excess of sugar and fell like crap while putting on fat.

This video series has opened my eyes. Its amazing fructose is a toxin and is as bad as alcohol. I remember a fat friend on mine in the supermarket, buying something and they said it was good because it was 99% fat free. Yes it was fat free but it was also packed full of sugar.

Just remember fruit and vegies have fructose but also have fibre and other macronutrients, so continue to eat fruit and vegies, just stay away from sugar loaded foods and mostly drinks and fruit juice where all of the fibre has been removed.

Indeed Shrek. Their lifestyle intervention program pretty much revolves around removing ALL sugared drinks from your diet. Nothing but milk and water.

I think everyone should watch those videos. Maybe miss the couple of middle ones unless you're keen on chemistry...but the first few and last couple are great.

Milk is quite high in sugar, about 12 grams per glass. Is that something to worry about also?
Milk is fine, it has lactose which is naturally occuring.
You need to stay away from proccessed foods containing sugar additives like soft drinks, flavoured milk, fast foods and proccessed foods like bread, donuts, pretzels etc.

If you watch the video the good Dr explains this in detail.

Milk - much vaunted by nutritionists and fitness gurus as a "perfect food" may actually be the most atherosclerotic food in existence. Ah, you say - but I drink skim or low fat milk. It's the fat in the milk that clogs up the arteries. Well, yes and no. It's true that dairy fat is one of the more unhealthier fats out there, but it seems that the protein from milk is actually causing more harm.

So whey protein is the ultimate evil we should be avoiding according to them?

Fadi you have ruined my day with that anti-milk post :(

I am particularly interested to hear your thoughts on n00bs questions about whey protein.
I assume there's some reason that makes it OK because you've placed WPI into your diet threads?

Fadi you have ruined my day with that anti-milk post :(

I am particularly interested to hear your thoughts on n00bs questions about whey protein.
I assume there's some reason that makes it OK because you've placed WPI into your diet threads?

Stralian, I'm sorry I ruined your day my friend; I'd much rather ruine your day than ruine your health. Whey is not the problem. The culprit here is casein (amongst other nasties). To use a quote from here: Dangers of Milk & Dairy Products - The Facts. - a knol by Mr. Chandrak Pandya
80% of the protein in milk is casein. Casein is a powerful binder... a
polymer used to make plastics... and a glue that is better used to make
sturdy furniture or hold beer bottle labels in place. It is in
thousands of processed foods as a binder.

[YOUTUBE]tYpafipJyDE[/YOUTUBE]

Fadi.

Last edited:
yeah i dont trust anyhting on shows like that..
I dont see us dying form milk. Also thats american farms and only some they said not here. He is winging aobut cholesterol and fat and proteins.

Trying to sell his book = fail.

(1) 724,859 Heart Disease (think fats/cholesterol: meat/dairy)
(7) 64,751 Diabetes (think milk/dairy)

How about think excess fructose consumption.

By continuing to drink milk, one delivers the most powerful growth hormone in nature to his or her body (IGF-I).

**** yes i am doubling my intake as of today!!!

added just found this on net: Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), which was once called somatomedin C, is a polypeptide protein hormone similar in molecular structure to insulin. It plays an important role in childhood growth and continues to have anabolic effects in adults.

So he is saying something that is good for us and is saying it is bad? How many people would pump T into themselves and dr's say its bad and not to do it. I have dr's tell me not to lift such heavy weight and not eat as many eggs as i do because it is bad for me.

Last edited:
im all for cutting out sugary crappy soft drinks and food but milk as well? seems like everything is going to kill you

I'm sure type any food you can think of in to google and you will get some sort of response telling you about associated health risks and or carconogenic values of said food. Everything will kill you in one way or another. I guess just decide what will kill you less?

I'm sure type any food you can think of in to google and you will get some sort of response telling you about associated health risks and or carconogenic values of said food. Everything will kill you in one way or another. I guess just decide what will kill you less?

Just eat a good balance of everything, the way I see it certain foods will cancel out the bad affects of other foods and vise versa.
So drink your milk, just make sure your eating your veges also!

That first article claims milk proteins are the issue. If thats the case we are all f ucked because whey protein is from milk.

Grain of salt.

Harvey Goodman is a big fan of milk, and I know you know him fadi.

Whey and casein proteins are not the same Nick.

http://www.foodsci.uoguelph.ca/dairyedu/chem.html#protein2

I'm sorry if anyone here thinks that I'm attempting to persuade them off milk etc. I'm merely putting the information before you all and it's for anyone who's interested to further research this subject to research it. I'm sure we all respond differently to food, medicines, and supplements. But I do think it's always good to see what others who are not working for the super giant dairy cooperation have to say on the subject of milk.

Whey is one of the best foods one can ingest, especially for boosting and supporting the most important immune system. Casein as a slow released protein is also great, not just for building muscles, but also as being a magnificent anti-catabolic protein (due to its structure and slow digestion/absorption). However I'm looking beyond the obvious as well as looking at the animal world and seeing how they treat milk as a food; then I'm weighing the pros and the cons, that's all really.

Fadi.

Last edited: