• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stupid ways to Injure Yourself

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
A few weeks ago I was driving to work and I sneezed, put something out in my neck that stopped me training properly for weeks.

Was that bad that for a week or so I had trouble even getting out of bed.

Now please add yours to make me feel better.

i have, quite a few times, sneezed and split my lip open from the sheer force of the sneeze, once split by bottom lip in two places hahahah

I have put my neck out a few times from sneezing, have also slipped in the bathroom and cracked my head on the step to the shower.
Edit: When I was 15 we were jumping off the trampoline doing dunks, I did a 360, dunked and landed on the edge where the concrete meets the grass around the house, smashed my ankle to bits.

Last edited:
Slipped over whilst cleaning the shower, bruised my forearm, cracked two ribs, looked like a domestic violence victim :cool:

Blown my back putting my jocks on. Mrs found it hilarious to find me rolling around on the floor in agony half naked.

We had our pool behind our garage growing up. I used to climb onto the roof of the garage and jump in. Until I slipped and fell head first into the paving and then into the pool. 6 stitches in head, broken rib and a belting from dad made me think twice about doing that again!

Tripped my my skateboard when I was a kid... put my tooth through my upper lip... A&E thought mum or dad had smacked me one! haha.

Sneezed and put my head through a plasterboard wall. Only minor lacerations.

Spent a whole day deadlifting every hour on the hour on an uneven grassy surface. Prolapsed two discs.

Partially severed my right big toe splitting firewood in thongs. Right down the middle.

Kneed myself in the head trying to do a somersault breaking my nose and knocked out cold.

Broke the metacarpals in my right hand more times than I can remember punching inanimate objects such as tiles and boards.

Last edited:
Kicked a strut brace on a pullup tower while attempting kipping pull ups.Squatted 80kgs for reps straight after with a leg fracture.
ynumu2ab.jpg

did back closing a flywire screen door, was out of action for a couple of weeks...Also done neck when sneezing.....

Taking the paint out of a window with a large knife and the knife got stuck. I pulled as hard as I could, suddenly it came loose and it ended up in my face, with the blade across my eye. The bones in my face stopped the knife hitting the eyeball and saved my sight, but I ended up with a lot of stitches and still have a small scar.

It was a very hot day and I wasn't thinking straight. Lesson - don't get frustrated with dangerous tools......

walked straight through a huge pane of glass whilst doing renno's in the house, was impaled by multiple shards in the arm, knee, toes, and hand. 5 stitches, 5 scars still visible.

Had light week at the gym before a comp (didin't want to hurt myself). Bent over to put an eight kilo kettle bell away that someone left out and hurt my back. Left it for a couple of weeks and had a scan for something else unrelated. They asked if I was in any pain, I said it hurts to breath and cough. They said you had/have a broken rib! wtf?
No wonder those massages hurt like a mother...I am not too bright.