• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

struggle to eat enough

The not fats with carbs argument was put to death almost 10 years ago but ill will try and find some of the links. Like I said the fitness industry goes around in circles.

A bit like Oni. You seem to be preaching a different tune every couple days.

I preach exactly the same shit all the time
Calories followed by IIFYM
Spiking insulin then eating a load of fats will cause all those fats to be stored, this is the bottom line
Yeah you will burn them off as insulin decreases if you're in a caloric deficit. But why get them stored in the first place? It makes no sense, it's completely illogical to do so

I preach exactly the same shit all the time
Calories followed by IIFYM
Spiking insulin then eating a load of fats will cause all those fats to be stored, this is the bottom line
Yeah you will burn them off as insulin decreases if you're in a caloric deficit. But why get them stored in the first place? It makes no sense, it's completely illogical to do so

A few days ago you were recommending double body weight pounds in fat. Then it turned to double bodyweight protein. Now it seems to have an emphasis on avoiding carbs in the morning. Depending what you read in the next few days it will probably change again next week.

Worrying about storing fat at one point in time is as pointless as worrying about how much stronger you are getting while you are completing your set.

A few days ago you were recommending double body weight pounds in fat. Then it turned to double bodyweight protein. Now it seems to have an emphasis on avoiding carbs in the morning. Depending what you read in the next few days it will probably change again next week.

Worrying about storing fat at one point in time is as pointless as worrying about how much stronger you are getting while you are completing your set.

I said many, many times that macros were personal choice. These are just good ways to lay it out
You're not very good at listening or reading comprehension

I said many, many times that macros were personal choice. These are just good ways to lay it out
You're not very good at listening or reading comprehension

It ok Oni we can argue over what ever your new theory is next week.

This is good
You're low on omega3's though. Supplement with fish oil with your fattiest meal of the day. At least 2g total EPA/DHA but ideally 5g
The macadamia oil is good- mostly monounsaturates which is ideal
The margarine- try to go for butter it tastes nicer and is better for you

yeh i thought as much, i have fish oil at home i just get lazy and dont take it. i will bring that back into my diet
yep the macadamia oil is not bad it tastes alright too,
ok no worries i was talking about this the other day so i will switch up to butter

while we are here has anyone else got any comments or suggestions on my diet? if you missed it it was posted on page 15

thanks

No bazza you're being fucking stupid
I am saying not to spike insulin then eat fats because the body will just store the fats. There is no ifs or buts here it will happen and you didn't even refute this so we both know it to be true
Then you did your usual trick of talking about something completely different. This time that the body will still burn off the fat if you're in a caloric deficit
But this is a thread about a guy that is trying to gain weight and can't eat enough and the suggestion was made to minimise fat gain
You can see why what you said was completely irrelevant? It had nothing to do with anything you just wrote some shit for no reason
And before when I stated there was no reason not to eat high protein and you go off on a tangent about how it's personal preference despite the thread stating it's about personal preference

No bazza you're being fucking stupid!

I am saying not to spike insulin then eat fats because the body will just store the fats.

There is no ifs or buts here it will happen and you didn't even refute this so we both know it to be true

Then you did your usual trick of talking about something completely different.

This time that the body will still burn off the fat if you're in a caloric deficit.

But this is a thread about a guy that is trying to gain weight and can't eat enough and the suggestion was made to minimise fat gain.

You can see why what you said was completely irrelevant?

It had nothing to do with anything you just wrote some shit for no reason

And before when I stated there was no reason not to eat high protein and you go off on a tangent about how it's personal preference despite the thread stating it's about personal preference

No bazza you're being fucking stupid
I am saying not to spike insulin then eat fats because the body will just store the fats. There is no ifs or buts here it will happen and you didn't even refute this so we both know it to be true
Then you did your usual trick of talking about something completely different. This time that the body will still burn off the fat if you're in a caloric deficit
But this is a thread about a guy that is trying to gain weight and can't eat enough and the suggestion was made to minimise fat gain
You can see why what you said was completely irrelevant? It had nothing to do with anything you just wrote some shit for no reason

Mate. I said over and over what happens at one point in time is irrelevant. I care about the average for the whole day, week, month. I even said storing then breaking down fat is LESS efficient.

If you want to be the winner at avoiding fat storage at one point in the day then congratulations.

We will see what theories you have in the next few weeks. Remember it wast that long ago you had the KFC and coke diet.

I'd say I'm the opposite of all or nothing :)

You are still only looking at it short term. Yes, lipolysis would be halted with your 500g of sugar example. 2000cals right there. What happens for the rest of the day if our theoretical person has a TDEE of 4000 and that is their only meal? (despite being ridiculous terrible macros)

Show us all how "just doing whatever" is working out for you then bazza
I want to see how lean you are. Below 20% yet?

I'm eating less than ever yet still getting bigger as I grow leaner. Must be just the calories lol, nothing to do with timing or macros at all

QQDWzZc.jpg

I'd say I'm the opposite of all or nothing :)

You are still only looking at it short term. Yes, lipolysis would be halted with your 500g of sugar example. 2000cals right there. What happens for the rest of the day if our theoretical person has a TDEE of 4000 and that is their only meal? (despite being ridiculous terrible macros)

This guy is trying to gain weight, not lose weight
We want to minimise fat gain, the point is irrelevant as I dictated above

oh FFS guys.

It matters not when you eat your carbs and fats. Just eat them in the right amounts for you.

Insulin can both encourage and suppress fat storage and it doesn't care about whether it's fats or carbs mostly.
It will be spiked by anything you eat, because that is what it has to do.

No magic to any timing of fats or carbs ... just overall kcals in the end.

The only time it matters is if
a) you are either carb or fat sensitive and one or the other in quantity seems to affect you
b) you are insulin sensitive/have diabetes/whatever
c) have a carb related food intolerance (eg FODMAPS)

otherwise, stop confusing the issue with insulin, fats carbs, time of day
and all that total BS.

I've been gaining muscle and have done it with minimal fat gain (I actually lost fat this year).

I did not follow any of that timing shiite.

Just eating a modest surplus, hitting min protein and fats and the rest carbs.

some days I eat more fats and less carbs

i eat carbs and fats together.

none of that makes any diff. still get results from hitting my micronutrients and fibre and macros and training consistently.

the rest is 0.0001% physics, my friend.

I've been gaining muscle and have done it with minimal fat gain (I actually lost fat this year).

none of that makes any diff. still get results from hitting my micronutrients and fibre and macros and training consistently.

Again, not reading what I am saying
You didn't combine high fats with carbs, you just stated that. What you're saying has nothing to do with what I said. I said to minimise fat gain don't spike insulin then eat a load of fats. You're saying you didn't do this and didn't get fat. Well so what? Well done you did it the way I am suggesting

Again, not reading what I am saying
You didn't combine high fats with carbs, you just stated that. What you're saying has nothing to do with what I said. I said to minimise fat gain don't spike insulin then eat a load of fats. You're saying you didn't do this and didn't get fat. Well so what? Well done you did it the way I am suggesting

yes I have combined high fats and carbs (and had a lower protein day but hitting a min regardless).

and I'm saying that you are incorrect. this has been overturned time and again.

With respect, I believe the one not listening may be you.

yes I have combined high fats and carbs (and had a lower protein day but hitting a min regardless).

and I'm saying that you are incorrect. this has been overturned time and again.

With respect, I believe the one not listening may be you.

How many grams of each?

Good work choc.

And

Good work 0ni

Fuck me.

Anyone heard the blues?

All different types and variations to the muse, but at the end of the day it's all "the blues".

Show us all how "just doing whatever" is working out for you then bazza
I want to see how lean you are. Below 20% yet?

I'm eating less than ever yet still getting bigger as I grow leaner. Must be just the calories lol, nothing to do with timing or macros at all

QQDWzZc.jpg

Oh dear, it's come to this.

Channeling BB.com