• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

strength goals

Goals: Bench Squat Deadlift Overhead Clean Total
110kg 175kg 210kg 95kg 110kg 700kg

Current 90kg 145kg 180kg 77.5kg 90kg 582.5kg

Current Goal
Weight 112.5kg 108kg

Gee I am light. Nice goals, I reckon you could bump your deadlift up a bit.

Josh,

The only reason it is so low is because that all the weight I have, I have just ordered another 80kgs of weights so if all goes well I should crack the 150kg dead by xmas :).

I find it hard to keep motivated if I don’t have spare plates sitting there waiting for me to be able to lift them.

Nice, I can see what you are saying. Without having those plates looking at you begging to be lifted it would be hard to keep going up, especially since you have no more weight!!

I was talking about your long term goal with the deadlift as well. If you can squat double bodyweight, I bet you could easily deadlift over that.

Ahh ok I see what you’re saying and i just plan to keep on trying to lift more and see how much I can actually lift while stay around the 100-110kgs. I would love to dead 2.5xBW at 100kgs.

Nice goals there Bluey. Are they to be done by or at AD10?

by AD10. My weights retarded, I fluctuate 4kg in a week. I was 110kg on Wednesday morning and now im 113kg this morning.

Lifting three times a week and cardio lifting twice a week. Keeps me tired/busy.

Preparing my foods the hardest part, I have some stuff in routine but getting the whole she-bang together is proving hard.

Just recieved my new bumpers from aus-kettlebells, now i cant wait to get home and try them out. I will now be able to keep lifting more, Hopefully i will be able to make my short term goals by xmas.

goals..
SQ - 200 DL- 250kg BP 140kg Overhead - 120kg Clean - 130kg+

currently

SQ - 180 DL- 230kg BP 120kg Overhead - 102.5kg Clean - 110kg

I train at home and only have 100kg of plates, so i do a modified 5x5. Friday night i did the following.(1st set max reps with one in the tank, then drop reps after that to 5 reps for 5th set, except squats) BB 10x100kg. Squat 20x60, Dead 10x100, PC 8x60, MP 8x70.

My fiance has just ordered a squat rack and 4x20kg plates for me. Will then test 1RM and will be able to set some reasonable goals. Cant wait.

goals..
SQ - 200 DL- 250kg BP 140kg Overhead - 120kg Clean - 130kg+

currently

SQ - 180 DL- 230kg BP 120kg Overhead - 102.5kg Clean - 110kg

Hi Brendan,

Saw your photo here whilst you were deadlifting ; mate you had determination written all over your face! Those numbers you've set up for yourself WILL be smashed in no time Champion.

Very well done and a great attitude to boot!

Fadi.

I train at home and only have 100kg of plates, so i do a modified 5x5. Friday night i did the following.(1st set max reps with one in the tank, then drop reps after that to 5 reps for 5th set, except squats) BB 10x100kg. Squat 20x60, Dead 10x100, PC 8x60, MP 8x70.

My fiance has just ordered a squat rack and 4x20kg plates for me. Will then test 1RM and will be able to set some reasonable goals. Cant wait.

I can't wait for you to really start rolling either Mat. How are your exotic babies going? I've got koi; they come to me like puppies, very friendly indeed.

Mat, I'd appreciate it (I think we all would), if you could write your numbers like this for example:

1. Squats 200kg 5x3 (that means 200kg 5 sets of 3 reps) etc. I've always placed the weight first, followed by the sets then the reps. From big to small. My coaches used to do it that way in weightlifting, but I'm seeing all different ways of writing something so simple.

All power to you Mat.

Fadi.

Fadis right, I hate it when people do it any other way, it confuses me.

I have a koi as well, I love it, nearly 2 years old, orange one

Fadi & PTC, thanks for the tip guys.

I have 2 Bala Sharks, 5 Goldfish, 3 Clown Loaches, 6 Cory's, 3 Plecos, and a school of various tetras in a 6x2x2 foot tank. Bright and colorful and plenty of good time bonding with my son taking care of them. A real pleasure.

Thanks for taking an interest.

goals..
SQ - 227.5 DL- 250kg BP 155kg Clean & Jerk 140kg

currently

SQ - 205 DL- 230kg BP 145kg Clean & jerk 117.5kg

goals..
SQ - 227.5 DL- 250kg BP 155kg Clean & Jerk 140kg

currently

SQ - 205 DL- 230kg BP 145kg Clean & jerk 117.5kg

Don't do that to me Nick; 227.5kg...I'm intrigued! Unless you've got some American friends that is...:D!

All power to you Champion.

Fadi.

Squat 140-150kg (Current 120)
Bench 100kg (Current 80)
Deadlift 160kg (Current 140)
Overhead 80kg (Current 65)

now i look at that pretty much add 20kg to all my current totals. low 500kg total by the years end, 600kg by end of 2010. all of which achieved at home having never set foot in a commercial gym using cybernetcoaches :p

no BW weight goals, got to 80kg, happy to stay here