• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength gains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket_size

Hey guys...

For the past 5 or so years ive been training mostly a bodybuilding regeme for size gains... made some wicked gains but now am hitting a platue on size and was thinking of changing my training to concentrate on strength.

Current 1RM:

Bench 150Kg
Deadlift 200Kg
Squat 215Kg

I have been looking into the commercial training methods but it would be great if you had any tips for increasing my 1RM.

Cheers guys :)

If squat is heavier then deadlift... A potential sign that not hitting full depth in the squat...

Alex zerba, Jackson murrie, Zach Turner and myself all squat more than our deads. Its not as certain as Oni might think it is.

I train two styles for quads... super heavy half squats to hit the upper muscle fibres and lighter for low squats... sometimes i like to use chains if they are available so i can hit both techniques in one exercise if they are available...

I work in the mines so i dont always have a lot of equipment to work with but make do ;-)

Last edited:
Wrapped squats will always be closer to your dead, or even in front of your dead opposed to raw squats....

That said, I know people that squat more than their deadlift.... raw raw raw raw raw raw raw raw raw raw raw raw

Hence it says Oni.

Those squats are all wrapped but Alex and Zach at least the difference is so much i'm sure they could out squat their dead without wraps.

In Zach's case its because he has a super-beast squat and a piss-poor dead. :cool:

No, its because he is (was) so over weight and a weak upper back.

That said, he and alex will still out squat their deads without wraps

Which leads to a piss-poor deadlift... though I have no doubt he'll be out-pulling us all in the future.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...... Lots not get carried away.

He already out benches and squats his coach.... you think Id let him out deadlift me too lol.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...... Lots not get carried away.

He already out benches and squats his coach.... you think Id let him out deadlift me too lol.

You put him on a program specifically designed to make him progress slower than you? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.