• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength & Conditioning

PowerBuilder

Alright team. I've just enrolled in the level 1 course in strength & conditioning course with the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association.

Some exciting things will be happening for sure! For my 20 hours of prac i'll be coaching a mate of mine who plays AFL. He's not playing this season, which means we have plenty of time to work on his strength, speed & overall conditioning.

i'll either start a training diary for him (and keep it in the diary area) or get him to create an account & keep it update date!

Good stuff mate.
I'm going to do the same thing, then a level 2.
I want a job training people for strength. The guy I was talking to that runs a strength gym recommended I start here :).

Good on you mate!
Just curious as to how much the level 1 course will cost you?

Good work PB it is something you can build upon for the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

that's great buddy! In good time i'll be a level 3 (national level) coach. So mayb i can watch and help you go to level two! ;-P
Posted via Mobile Device

that's great buddy! In good time i'll be a level 3 (national level) coach. So mayb i can watch and help you go to level two! ;-P
Posted via Mobile Device

What else can you do for the 20hrs prac if you don't have a mate to train?

how it works mate is you need to be watched over for 10 hours by at least a level 2 coach & do 10 hours of unsupervised coaching.

don't you have any friends Adrian? :p

Looking at doing the Level 2 at the end of the year or start of next year if I have the money. If you are thinking of doing the level 2 you also have to have an article accepted by the Journal of Australian Strength and Conditioning. If you want to know what that entails have a look at their guidelines.

Last edited:
All I can add is I love those two words being used together; strength & conditioning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good coruse - few mates etc have done this - also have a mate working on level 3 atm which not many ppl have.

Also know of a few guys who did this instead of there Personal Training certs and just say what they are doing is S n C - not PT - which also works out well for ppl who want to train ppl but don't wanna do the BS PT certs.

You also spend 20-30 hours with a S n C coach during level 1.....always suggest to look around coz some are shit.

Good coruse - few mates etc have done this - also have a mate working on level 3 atm which not many ppl have.

Also know of a few guys who did this instead of there Personal Training certs and just say what they are doing is S n C - not PT - which also works out well for ppl who want to train ppl but don't wanna do the BS PT certs.

You also spend 20-30 hours with a S n C coach during level 1.....always suggest to look around coz some are shit.

Yeah. I got an email back from the association. I actually spend 10 hours supervised by a level 2 coach (level three would be super!!!) and then 20 hours of unsupervised. I'll be lucky, i'll do my entire 30 with my coach in the same room!!