• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

strained my hamstring what now?

Felixflex

any suggestions on leg exercises I can do that wont involve the hamstring for the next 1-2 weeks while it heals up.

See a physio (if you have not already).

What I thought was a quad strain was a quad tear that ended up taking 9months to completely heal.

Mate, if you work for yourself, fair enough not being able to have too much time off for rest. But you need to be smart about this and at least get it seen to by a doctor. Not taking the voluntary time off now could see you forced into taking a whole lot longer off work and everything else for that matter. They are not the sort of injuries to take lightly. They will fuck you up the moment you give it curry before it's really ready.

Like Shrek said, at least take a break from the gym and just take it easy for 2 weeks.

How did you injure your hammy? How severe is it - got any bruising?? See a physio if you can, obviously do the whole Rest ice compression elevation.

Did it yesturday, hard to describe how I actually injured myself it was on the descent performing a squat. Struggled to walk yesturday but haven't had any sign of pain. I'm away on work miles from any physio. I don't have a taxing job.

I won't be doing anything to cause further damage until I've got it checked I was just seeking advice as I haven't had an injury before.

Ice for the first 48 hours.
Then gentle stretching and get your hands on a TENS machine if you can.
And one more thing, I've done the same injury and didn't wait long enough, so wait until it feels good, then add an extra week

Did it yesturday, hard to describe how I actually injured myself it was on the descent performing a squat. Struggled to walk yesturday but haven't had any sign of pain. I'm away on work miles from any physio. I don't have a taxing job.

I won't be doing anything to cause further damage until I've got it checked I was just seeking advice as I haven't had an injury before.

R.I.C.E mate

rest, ice, compression, elevation.

If you are on your feet at work, do that when back in your room.
If no compression stuff, the ice and elevation will help.
Once back in town, see a medical professional if it hasn't improved!