• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids and Your Health

So, you ran gear for 10 years, and started as a teen.....
If your suffering the negative sides from steroid abuse, I can think of what could have been a contributing factor.
There is a reason it's recommended you wait till your mid 20's.

Either way, you chose a path, and if you are suffering sides now because of it, you have no choice but to walk it.

I'm primary hypogpnadism. My treatments are irrelevant to this thread, search the net if you like.

I have never once said i am suffering any health problems from my steroid use. My natural testosterone levels are very high i have always looked after my health, but after a good friend of mine died last year my eye's opened alot wider and i became alot more aware of how bad steroids are for your health especially concerning cholesterol and your heart health.

I do not suffer from hypogonadism. It seems there is a lot of fight within you but not a lot of thought, ie my health problems i don't have and my irrelevant age related to the health concerns other people should have with their steroid use and the suggestions that i have made that people really need to look deeper into their cholesterol levels of HDL and LDL not just total cholesterol count which most doctors usually just test for, so people can really see how damaging these things can be to your long term health.

I never said you are suffering from hypogpnadism, I am.

I'm glad you are healthy, you're lucky.

was that an ad for Res100, I'm confused as f**k. Are you selling the shit or are you against it?

was that an ad for Res100, I'm confused as f**k. Are you selling the shit or are you against it?

No it wasn't intended to be an ad for res100 but yes i showed a blood test from someone who has used res100 and increased his testosterone from very low to very high, naturally to show that TRT isn't always the answer in response to sticky having hypogonadism.

The intent of this thread was to inform those steroid users out there about how steroids kill you good cholesterol and ultimately your health.

I am against the use of steroids, for the last 10 years i have been pro steroid use and justifying it's use to myself and others.

In response to all of the pro's who died from heart related illness early in life there are two issues. First it is well documented that steroids are not a good idea for people who have a family history of heart disease. The second problem is altough the list seems long in comparisons to the thousands of former and current the number of people in your is statistically insignificant and proves very little.

Maybe you should have a look at what you can get your blood levels to naturally.

Here is a blood test we got in from someone who like you had low test levels, he originally scored 9nmol/L then 30 days later 27nmol/L normal lab range 8-28nmol/L

test11.jpg

Res100 Reviews and Blood Tests

All done naturally with only res100

I am sure you endo is like all other endo's and very good at prescribing drugs and not looking deeper for the cause of the problem.
It's very easy to fix a problem with drugs, but like all drugs everything has an opposite reaction.

Can we please clear something up O.N.......?

Are you the owner, or in anyway affiliated with a supplement company?
If so, do you sell res100?

In response to all of the pro's who died from heart related illness early in life there are two issues. First it is well documented that steroids are not a good idea for people who have a family history of heart disease. The second problem is altough the list seems long in comparisons to the thousands of former and current the number of people in your is statistically insignificant and proves very little.

Like i said i justified my steroid use for years too, answer me this after reading this thread and some of the info i have provided including from blood tests.

Do steroids reduce your HDL?
Does this lead to an increase of LDL?
Is LDL bad for your heart and arteries?
Is there now next to zero HDL to clear out LDL and stop LDL from causing damage to your heart and arteries?

Last edited:
Can we please clear something up O.N.......?

Are you the owner, or in anyway affiliated with a supplement company?
If so, do you sell res100?

yes that is very clear, i sponsor this forum you can see my banner in the top right hand corner of the forum i also have the online nutrition section in the sponsors section........

I never intended to talk about res100 it was mentioned along with a blood test in relation to your low natural testosterone levels

Last edited:
Ah well it all makes sense now.....

I dont venture outside the powerlifting/steroid sections, so wouldnt know who sponsors what to be honest.

I searched some of your old posts and found you selling res100, so thank you for clarifying.

Last edited:
Like i said i justified my steroid use for years too, answer me this after reading this thread and some of the info i have provided including from blood tests.

Do steroids reduce your HDL?
Does this lead to an increase of LDL?
Is LDL bad for your heart and arteries?
Is there now next to zero HDL to clear out LDL and stop LDL from causing damage to your heart and arteries?

Yeah I get your point and thanks for the info, now I've looked up way to increase good cholesterol to help deal with potential sides. Genetically my family has good cholesterol ratios and all the blood work i've had done on it always shows up fine but that might not be the case for everyone or forever.

Yeah I get your point and thanks for the info, now I've looked up way to increase good cholesterol to help deal with potential sides. Genetically my family has good cholesterol ratios and all the blood work i've had done on it always shows up fine but that might not be the case for everyone or forever.

it is a good idea to try and increase good cholesterol whilst on cycle but ultimately it's very hard to combat what the body is trying to do, you need to remember the body is trying to normalise your hormone levels as they are way out of wack that is why it reduces LH to lower testosterone levels because that doesn't work it clears the bodies good cholesterol out as this is what testosterone is created from. So even if you are getting in plenty of good cholesterol whilst on cycle the body is going to be clearing it out in order to try and return your testosterone levels back to normal.

So the Adam guy was Adam Blinoff? IFBB pro ? Is that you?

No the blood test posted was from a forum member called Adam.
I am not Adam Blinoff, I am Kirk I own Online Nutrition and Wicked Supplements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Larry Santora heart disease and steroids:

Anabolic Steroids Can Cause Heart Disease

The Question:
Are anabolic steroids dangerous? Can they cause heart disease?

The Answer: Anabolic steroids are a significant risk factor for cardiac disease and heart attacks.

The Facts:

Anabolic steroids are actually "designer drugs". They are synthetic substances that have varying properties and effects similar to testosterone. However, they are not testosterone. They improve recovery time from exercise, increase muscle mass and strength, and have a host of other testosterone like effects on the body, some not very good. It is impossible to do a "double blind" study (the most accurate type of study) to see if steroids shorten the life expectancy of a person. It would be unethical and never will be done. We published the only scientific evidence, in Preventive Cardiology, Fall 2006, that there is an association between steroid abuse and heart disease.

The Study:
We did the next best thing. We did a real life, observational study. At the Orange County Heart Institute, we studied 14 bodybuilders who used anabolic steroids for at least 10 years. They had no other known risk factors for heart disease. We did EBCT heart scans to detect plaque in the coronary arteries. This is the most accurate non invasive way to detect hardening of the arteries, the leading cause of heart attacks and death in men and women. A majority of the study subjects had premature and severe coronary artery disease. Several of the subjects in their early 30's had hardening of the arteries similar to a 75 year old man. The earlier in life you develop coronary artery plaque, the more likely you will die of a heart attack at an early age. Please see the article published in Preventive Cardiology, Fall 2006., go to Research Article tab on our web site: ocheart.org

The Reason:
We do not know the reason why anabolic steroids cause heart disease. Is is a direct toxic effect or irritant to the lining of the arteries, or is it an indirect means such as causing the good cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, to be very low and therefore promote plaque buildup. Everyone participant had HDL cholesterol in the 15 to 20 range (higher HDL is better, a level greater than 50 is protective). Certainly not everyone who takes anabolic steroids will get early heart disease, just like not everyone who smokes will get early heart disease, but the risk to your heart from abuse of steroids or cigarettes is very high and very real.

The Bottom Line:
Anabolic steroids cause heart disease, no question about it. Not everyone who abuses them will have a heart attack, but the risk is real. If you have been using steroids for 8 to 10 years, you should get an EBCT heart scan to see if you have developed hardening of the coronary arteries (see ocvitalimaging.com).
Lastly, don't confuse anabolic steroids with testosterone supplements in middle aged men. studies show that if you have a low level of testosterone, having testosterone supplementation to maintain your testosterone levels in the high normal range can actually protect your heart.

http://ocheartinstitute.com/PDFs/STEROIDPAPER.pdf

Coronary Calcium Scan
The mean coronary artery calcium score for the 14-person cohort was 98. This is near the coronary calcium score of 100 that is considered to place a patient at elevated risk for an event.

We found that they had significantly lower HDL-C levels than the typical population. The LDL-C and triglyceride levels were within the expected range for healthy active young men. The mean ratio of total cholesterol/HDL-C was unusually high, measuring 8.3.

The study appears to indicate that steroid abuse not only significantly lowers HDL-C, but contributes directly to the early development of coronary atherosclerosis as determined by the noninvasive measures of coronary artery calcium.

What is even more disturbing is that 3 of the subjects, each younger than 40 years of age, had significant calcium scores. It has been argued in publications that cater to body builders and weight lifters that these risks may be offset by exercise, diet, and the lowering of serum triglyceride levels associated with the use of anabolic steroids.

This pilot study is limited in several respects. First, it is impossible to report the exact doses, types, and duration of steroid use. The steroid users varied the intake over the years based on availability and what stage of training they were involved in. The steroid use is also all self-reported by the users, since none of the drugs were prescribed by a physician or bought at the usual retail outlets. Suffice it to say, the use is typical of the steroid users in the past and in the present, since all study patients were still using steroids.

CONCLUSIONS
This is the first study that has documented an association of steroid abuse and coronary artery calcification in steroid abusers.

The fact that these relatively young study patients developed early coronary arteriosclerosis may have significant health and social implications.
We would expect that premature coronary events will occur in similar steroid abusers. Due to the rampant abuse of steroids from high school sports to the now well publicized abuse by professional sports figures, we may expect an increase in cardiac events in otherwise healthy athletes when they reach their late 30s to mid-40s.

Summary

In summary, long-term steroid abuse is associated with an increased risk of coronary arteriosclerosis as measured by increased coronary calcium seen with electron beam computed tomographic imaging. We hope that this study will now bring to light the clear cardiovascular risk of steroid abuse and perhaps discourage future athletes from using steroids.

which if you break it down again... people still do it (all drugs) due to a selfish desire for a quick gain while not valuing the life they have and not considering the effect it can and will ultimately have on others (family) who have to deal with the consequences, not just the person using.

people will always do as they please though,

which if you break it down again... people still do it (all drugs) due to a selfish desire for a quick gain while not valuing the life they have and not considering the effect it can and will ultimately have on others (family) who have to deal with the consequences, not just the person using.

people will always do as they please though,

sadly yes, but hopefully articles and studies like this can make even a small amount of people change their minds.

Hey so lets say someone wanted to go all out and do say for example 7g Test E PW, so basically a clean and neat 1g injection everyday, simple right!

Whats your thoughts on this guys? Are you thinking like me and wondering why there's no dbol in the cycle? With the above Test dose you'd want a minimum of 100mg dbol ed, split into 2 doses. Otherwise you can push Dbol to 200mg ed, preferably split into 3 doses e.g. 75/75/50.

Depending on the weather, i'd also go 400mg to 600mg dnp ed + 100mcg T3 ed. Maybe also use a really low dose AI e.g. 0.5mg dex twice pw. If needed throw some albut into the mix stacked with caffeine of course.