• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Starting out

For those that are interested, the template was on tbag-nation somewhere
I looked briefly but it's getting late

Tomorrow I'll start squatting with just the bar and then in just two months I can tell you that I've increased my squat by over 500%!

This routine is for beginners and starting with just the bar was recommended by Bill Starr for his 5x5 routines also. StrongLifts routine also starts with just the bar. Rippetoe says that most people he trains start with just the bar for a few weeks before adding about 40kg

I would change nothing, I like learning things for myself.... for me, not dieting the properly a few years ago and quitting when I had no energy in the gym (from under eating). that is the one thing so far that I wish I didn't learn the hard way

I would change much except I wouldn't have bulked so much at the start, I only got fat and I'm only now just back to where I was...I've been training since december but made pretty good gains...I'm getting huge results since switching to 531 + tonnes of assistance...will be sticking to it for a while longer...

I wouldn't change how I started out training-wise. I would change how I started out diet-wise.

Sorry 0ni I didnt want to appear rude and flippant.
I read this a lot.
"I wish I hadn't wasted my time on those little lifts instead of building my foundation on the big three"

In your 20's, well, in my twenties I wasn't thinking about lifting weight in my fifties, pushing it to 100%

What I know now is how useful machines are for building and maintaining strength and flexibility.

You can have as many injuries as you want throughout your lifting life but only so many recoveries and I've seen many men my age carrying many and instead of lifting they need to resort to calling these injuries *trophies* of lifting rather than realizing that they were stupid.

You don't necessarily have to Have regrets that you programmed the wrong template as goals change, many don't understand that weight lifting is a journey, not a destination.
I know this is the powerlifting section but exercise and powerlifter are two differant activities.

Sorry 0ni I didnt want to appear rude and flippant.
I read this a lot.
"I wish I hadn't wasted my time on those little lifts instead of building my foundation on the big three"

In your 20's, well, in my twenties I wasn't thinking about lifting weight in my fifties, pushing it to 100%

What I know now is how useful machines are for building and maintaining strength and flexibility.

You can have as many injuries as you want throughout your lifting life but only so many recoveries and I've seen many men my age carrying many and instead of lifting they need to resort to calling these injuries *trophies* of lifting rather than realizing that they were stupid.

You don't necessarily have to Have regrets that you programmed the wrong template as goals change, many don't understand that weight lifting is a journey, not a destination.
I know this is the powerlifting section but exercise and powerlifter are two differant activities.

Goobey pls

For fucks sake Oni, you're fucking 22 years old and you talk like you've just wasted 40 years of a training life.
Get your head out of your arse and do what you think you should've done.

+1

I am 38. 531 would have made me a monster today, had it existed when I was 18.

In hindsight, I would have focused primarily on squatting, squatting and squatting. I avoided it because I had bad form. Had I of known to sit back, it would have made a huge difference. But the writings of the time didn't really give good directions.

One thing, I have learned from Defranco is to do some rowing every workout to balance out my physique.