• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

stalling

Do you have a diary? Need to see workouts??

Perhaps a short period of 3x3 followed by a mega deload back to 3x10...

I'm starting to stall on. 3x5 should I try 3x3 with a bit more weight for a few weeks ?
Cheers

Starting to stall is not stalling. Keep going and try a bit harder for the next few weeks. If you do stall for 2 or 3 weeks drop back the weights a few kg and build back up.

Ok I'll try. For anther few weeks. And see how I go. Shits just starting to get real heavy. N hard to ge.thoses last few reps out.

Ok I'll try. For anther few weeks. And see how I go. Shits just starting to get real heavy. N hard to ge.thoses last few reps out.

Push through it, learn to love the hard weeks and know you can beat it. When you do finally feel fucked back off the weight a little bit and go again.

At 29 that could be more difficult.

I have no idea what the op is doing, seeing the workout, diet and the amount of sleep can give more insight and inturn a more educated response be given.

Sometimes when a trainee is stuck on a weight at a particular rep range for weeks, the simple method of adding 2.5kg to the bar can stimulate strength increases.

Bazza is spot on though, and man-up it's called a workout, not a restout.

My training is

Squats 3x5
Legpress 3x10
sldl 3x5
leg ex 2x15
cavles 2x15

Bench 3x5
Dbpress 3x10
Db flys3x10
ex curls 3x10
hammers 3x10

Deads 3x5
rows 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
cgp 3x5
dips 3x10

Ohp 3x5
dbohp 3x10
rflys 3x10
abs

Shit? I've been running it for 6 weeks

All mains. My bench is 3x5 77kg. Deads 3x5 150kg ohp 3x5 47kg my I've dropped. Squats rite back to 3x5 @ 70kg I keep pulling something in my groin.

I also think you should go back and do a 12 week cycle of the PTC beginner program..

Then do another run on SS

The thing that helped me the most when stalling on big lifts was some higher rep work, and definitely not [even] lower rep work.

But as always, ymmv. If nothing else works, maybe give it a shot though? Like, straight sets @ 10 reps or whatever.

Full disclosure: I'm not a big lifter, yet.

Have you tried resetting? When I stalled with my MP (twice) at 50kg, I reset it back to 45, progressed using microplates and finally broke through the plateau. Finishing the main workset with an 8 or 10 repper at a lighter (80%) weight as a back off set also helped.