• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squatting shoes

If I get the Dowins, do I have to change shoes once I finish squats and wanna do deadlifts? Not sure if having high heels is good for the lift.

You can DL in them, although you have to make an effort to lean back at the start of the pull. It uses a bit more quads off the ground. I train in mine and then swap to flats before a comp.

Can vouch for do wins here as well.

Obviously good for squats but had carry over to other lifts I found as well. As ONI mentioned, feet further back with a heel when benching. Increased stability in pressing overhead and barbell rows.

In saying that I haven't worn mine in ages. Squat in volleys, fk even front squat in volleys.

I wore them when dead lifting a lot when I first got them and agree its a lot more leg drive or "squat up" as opposed to a pull when wearing them. Much of a muchness but I'm not as serious as most and don't notice the subtleties as much :)

Ordering a pair of Do-Wins today.

My current addidas are starting to lose their stability causing some tightness in on calf. And larger heel apparantly helps keep my torso vertical.

I assume Ironedge is the best place to grt do wins.

Ordering a pair of Do-Wins today.

My current addidas are starting to lose their stability causing some tightness in on calf. And larger heel apparantly helps keep my torso vertical.

I assume Ironedge is the best place to grt do wins.

check Rogue or Ebay

How do you go with sizing.. I am going to get one as well, but they better be standard US shoe sizes! My last pair of ASICS bought online did not fare well in this regard.

Anyone out there tried these -

G45630_02

Around $120 delivered noticed a couple guys had them at the last comp I was at. Sole isn't a ridiculous height, looks like a budget version of the power perfect 2's .

Last edited:
These are what ive got. Good shoe, lasted me about a year before they started to lose structural integrity. And the glue on the underside of the sole is loosening up.

Obviously a smaller heel aswell.

How do you go with sizing.. I am going to get one as well, but they better be standard US shoe sizes! My last pair of ASICS bought online did not fare well in this regard.

i have nike romaleos2 and the sizing is identical to nike sneakers. So you could try some of those in the shop before ordering.

Other brands are usually 1 or 2 over size. Most websites will have a sizing / measuring guide.

i have nike romaleos2 and the sizing is identical to nike sneakers. So you could try some of those in the shop before ordering.

Other brands are usually 1 or 2 over size. Most websites will have a sizing / measuring guide.

Great stuff. I always feel bad going to a shop, with the intention of trying their shit out before running back home and buying an equivalent (cheaper) one online, but when the budget is as tight as one's nuts after a cold shower, it has to be done I s'pose!!

So, I am headed down to Sydney next week from the north end of Queensland....

Are there any particular shops that would stock a heap of these different weightlifting shoes so I can actually try them on?

Yeah- I don't like. Too flexible and light

Edit thank you kind sir. I read your blog post on oly shoes very informative. Now just need to decide between do wins or cheap skating it and going uge brand.

Last edited:
Do wins are good I bought one size smaller than my regular shoes as I wanted them tight

Do wins are good I bought one size smaller than my regular shoes as I wanted them tight

This shit worries me I'd hate to have squat shoes that don't fit. I'm so cheap I buy fake cons from target for $8. Getting me to part with $140 for shoes that may or may not fit is pretty much impossible.

There is an iron edge reseller on the goldy might see if they can get them in so I can try the dowins on.