• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squatting barefoot

Fakepolitik

Oh hey,

What do you guys think of squatting barefoot? I haven't got any money for proper weightlifting shoes, and I've read about how lifting in runners can do more harm than good because they cushion your feet rather than allow them to gain a 'feel' for the floor.

So would that mean that squatting without any shoes at all is better than squatting with shoes not designed for weightlifting?

Thanks.

I used to squat barefoot which was okay until I got around 140kg. Chucks are so much more comfy though, and are probably better than weightlifting shoes if the truth be told. same price though.

If those $20 kmart ripoffs of chicks have a non compressible style just get those.

I'm pretty sure there are some lifting shoes for about $85 as well.

Check out Underground Elite, Nick has the cheapest weightlifting shoes I've seen around. On another note, a feller squats 200kg+ barefoot at my gym, so yeah, it's fine if you can still make depth and have no issues.

Last edited:
Check out Underground Elite, Nick has the cheapest weightlifting shoes I've seen around. On another note, a feller squats 200kg+ barefoot at my gym, so yeah, it's fine if you can still make depth and have no issues.

Yup.These shoes do the job!

I've been using some vibram's (which I also use for off road running), other then that volleys or chucks.