• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat stands

I have 2 pairs of JME stand, all of my squatting is done out of them.
Craig is a top bloke, and as I understand, actually makes all the gear for Australian KB.

@ Hamburgler: And you think the IE are better than the JME?, they are a pretty good price.
@Sticky: Well if your using the JME, I know they must be solid as fuurk LOL, seen your vids.
The Rogue stood out as far as versatility goes as it can be used for bench press/chins as well. Just want to know if they would be strong though.

The IE ones have a slightly wider base, more weld points and the steel seems to be bigger (not the thickness, just the overall area it covers)

tbh though I don't think the JME ones will fall apart.

Rick mentioned something about the new IE stands being a bit cheaper but it doesn't look to have eventuated lol

You will find you can't bench with them though unless you are doing incline or raise up your bench, though you could easily get a quote to customise it, or get bench hooks welded on to a fixed height.

I think the Rogue Fitness stands are similar to this:
Assault Rack Deluxe - Iron Edge / Australian Kettlebells
But I can't comment on quality because I've never seen one in person before (the Rogue one, seen the assault rack up close a few times)

Last edited:
Yeh, the assault rack from IE looks awesome, but the dollars are to exy for me. I could wait and save more, but i really want to get this home set-up sorted before Xmas as my gym closes for 3 fuuurken weeks, the owner/operator is going away. Plus the extra coin could get me more plates, and that's what i want the most.

Yeah it is $1190 wholesale for just the rack and j-cups (which you could easily get away with just having unless you fail a lot lol).

But then you have to factor in a bench, bar and weights.

The deluxe model is $1450 which gets you 2x spotting arms and 4 x pegs on top of the rack + j-cups but imo you're better off saving those $$$.

The packs aren't too bad but the Pendlay's suck to squat with because they have no centre knurling

Yeh I considered the pack with the pendlay bar, but decided to get the Texas bar from UGE instead, got the last one. Still want their weight plates though, they look the goods.

Yeah their rubber plates are decent enough.

They're a bit thinner in the 25s and 20s then either of their bumper styles + you get the grip thingos on them