• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat Stands vs Power Rack vs Assault Rack

Iron Edge won't have any assault racks ready to go until the new year at this stage.

We have 1 red locking pin, zero j cups, a single right ski, a crap load of chin bars and floor bars (the bit across the middle on the ground) and the welders and powder coaters now have the next 2 weeks off lol

In the Bayswater warehouse yes.

Been there as a casual since the end of August, though last month I've essentially been working full time (even worked today doing stock take)

Hey D man, the adjustable force squat stands you brought do you have any feedback on these seen as you've probly give them a good workout now.
Any real weaknesses?
How much weight do you think they can hold before you grow out of them.
Are they stable enough when you use the safeties when squatting.

To me they'll look like they'd do the job seen as I'm not a big lifter yet, just after some feedback, do you recommend them.

Cheers

I have the force squat stands, I'm replacing them with a power rack..... they are sturdy but prefer the safety of a power cage

Hey D man, the adjustable force squat stands you brought do you have any feedback on these seen as you've probly give them a good workout now.
Any real weaknesses?
How much weight do you think they can hold before you grow out of them.
Are they stable enough when you use the safeties when squatting.

To me they'll look like they'd do the job seen as I'm not a big lifter yet, just after some feedback, do you recommend them.

Cheers

The stands are well built and quite sturdy but each stand isn't a single welded piece. The uprights are like an upside down T and the front and back feet slot on to the arms of the T. This means that there is a little sideways movement in the uprights, no matter how hard I tighten the bolts. It doesn't worry me at the moment, but it makes them less stable than a fully welded squat stand.

The safeties look strong and are good for solo benching. They don't stick out very far so you can't step too far back when squatting and even then they'll only be useful if you dump the bar forward rather than back. In terms of their strength I haven't put them to the test but I suspect a heavy load dropped on them or a medium load dropped from a height will cause the stands to fall forwards rather than break.

The stands are perfect for my current situation (limited space and low weight). As far as squat stands go, they are great for a simple home gym, but they are never going to be as stable as a proper rack.

Cheers guys for your feedback I think I'll go with these they should serve me for a while.
It'll beat my pulley and rope setup I use when benching lol. It's sturdy and would never fail but it scares me when I fail and the bar dangles in the air not far off my neck.
And it'll get me squatting faster.

Just for people reading in the future, the Rogue S3 power rack isn't as deep as other racks as it has norear cross support bar and you have to bolt it down to make it secure, which can be done with ply, it also has Westside style holes 1 inch apart through the benching area.