• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat shoes?

Thanks, I actually rang them and she had the last pair in that size sitting on her desk!!!
Stoked..
Though she said they aren't as green as the look on the net, more bright yellow!

Better get my squat up to scratch, can't have stand out shoes with a soso squat!!

Lol they're fluoro yellow

I presume you spoke to Rachel?
Pm me the size you ordered and I'll see if I can get them shipped out Monday

Lol they're fluoro yellow

I presume you spoke to Rachel?
Pm me the size you ordered and I'll see if I can get them shipped out Monday

This is why Graham is great ^^

I like the Nike's. They're a really good fit. Feel really solid and have definitely made my squat feel a lot better.

why can't I wear the same shoes for squats and deadlifting?? I have a pair of vans by the way.

Vans, cons and volleys all have pretty thick soles and you want to be as close to the ground as possible when deadlifting so the bar has less distance to travel.

why can't I wear the same shoes for squats and deadlifting?? I have a pair of vans by the way.
It's more of an issue if you were wearing weightlifting shoes with a raised heel, you wouldnt want to wear them while deadlifting as you want a flat sole. If you are wearing vans for squats and deadlifts it's fine as they are a flat sole shoe but as miicah said the range of motion will be greater compared to barefoot.

They look like Risto's...... Which are a great shoe.

There are however kockoffs floating around, and I don't see Risto written on them.

They look like Risto's...... Which are a great shoe.

There are however kockoffs floating around, and I don't see Risto written on them.

Not that I even know that much about the topic, but anytime something is for sale, and the picture of the item is a cartoon, I'd be wary!!

I either own or have tried the following shoes:

Do-wins

Pros
-Properly built and wooden heel, serious lifting shoe
-Very durable
-Fair bit cheaper than flagship Nike or Addidas, great value.

Cons
- Not the most comfortable, they don't breathe well and stiff until broken in, I blistered up.
- Bit loose/unsupportive around the heel area (I have quite narrow size 9.5-10 feet)
-They look quite daggy (greyish off white colour)
-Bit heavy

Addidas Powertrainer

Pros
-cheap (sometimes)
-very comfortable (especially for my narrow feet)
-look great (in blue and black especially)

cons
-0.6" heel might be less than ideal for some (other shoes are 0.75-1 inch)
- Made of soft materials, may not be durable
- Heel plastic is a bit soft, may compress with big weights

Nike Romaloes 2

Pros
- quality construction
- light
- 2 tightening velcro straps and great heel support
- Looks great (and colours to choose from)

Cons
-expensive

Addidas Adipower
- Felt very smilar to the Nikes except 1 velcro strap instead of two could be an issue for some foot shapes. Pretty much the same price and only comes in the BRIGHT red colour - probably love or hate.

Last edited: