• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat depth

I'm using this in the context that there is a chance that bloke can understand that it is movement that stimulates muscle growth certain positions of the squat are easier than others, getting out of the hole of a squat is very difficult for most due to leverages, gravity and such, I gave him some ideas, because he asked, now fuck off.

If you idiots choose to take me literally that's not my concern and maybe you should just return to stalking forums which you are good at.

Bloke thanked me, he got it, move on

If you or anyone else can come up with other examples to help bloke do it.

And thanks again... I did not intend to cause a shitstorm!

Can't even tell the height because he's so fucking fat
Not impressed either, I'd expect any man to be able to squat such a small fraction of his body weight
kill it with fire

Most of the skeleton is doing work, certain muscles or supportive.

Once again you try to speak for everyone, if you don't understand just say.

No matter what anyone writes, people will always use their own interpretation.

This is silly man
Why don't you do us all a favour and load 1000kg onto a bar, locking out your skeleton then relaxing all your muscles
Don't forget to film it, I want to see it on the news

Isometric strength is strength like anything else. The spinal erectors DO NOT MOVE during a deadlift but it is very clear that deadlift builds strong erectors. Just as planks build strong midsection muscles

Last edited:
BTW Jamie Lewis is a big fan of squat holds at lockout for building the entire squat. To paraphrase him: 'Whenever I drop heavy lockouts, my body weight drops'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KNfIlML2ZM]Partial Front Squats 1005.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Does it really look like his skeleton is just holding that weight there? Looks to me from the violent shaking that the muscles are doing an awful lot. He is also just a few lbs off a squat record that has stood for 40 years

Ok for the pea brains.

With a man weighing 100kg supporting a bar on his back, loaded with 150 kg, there is a lot more going on in the squat position versus standing at attention, back straight knees locked.

So in the squat position the dude need to get to get strong but not with 150kg, he needs to reduce the weight and biuld strength, to get stronger he first needs to be strong.

Yes, muscles are active 24/7, I unsuccessfully conveyed to some that the load on the body at the top of the squat, if a loaded bar was placed on his back and he was standing at attention, knees locked, the backs natural curvature is maintained and so-on, then, that load and a far % of that load, maybe 90% of the load that is resting on the shoulder is being supported, held up by the unique amazing design of the skeletal structure.

I'm suggesting to bloke that he squat as low as he can as safely as he can, and to do that he first needs to get into that posisition under load so his muscles can improve their strength and flexibility.

If you are still not happy with that give Markos a call and let him explain to you how to improve your flexibility and strength because they go hand in hand.

Mega lolz... Thread delivers...

Cliffs
Trents arms are 15 centimetres long...

Wait??////

What was the thread about again?

I'm suggesting to bloke that he squat as low as he can as safely as he can, and to do that he first needs to get into that posisition under load so his muscles can improve their strength and flexibility.

So why not say that in the first place instead of writing cryptic posts?

This is silly man
Why don't you do us all a favour and load 1000kg onto a bar, locking out your skeleton then relaxing all your muscles
Don't forget to film it, I want to see it on the news

Isometric strength is strength like anything else. The spinal erectors DO NOT MOVE during a deadlift but it is very clear that deadlift builds strong erectors. Just as planks build strong midsection muscles

0ni, I'm not convinced and never have been about using isometrics as a method of building strength in the muscle, call me old fashion but I like to be able to focus on a particular muscle or muscles and actually work or load the muscle from its fully extended to fully contracted position.

If I was going to teach or use the plank I'd be more inclined to show the person how to do a push up.
I also beleive that deadlifts don't biuld strong erectors but that is another topic, which could be fun.