• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sprained Ankle

G

GriMo

So, I was going to start a thread/training log yesterday about my goals for the next 12 weeks (for those interested I'm looking at giving the "stronglifts 5x5 a go), but then I did this...

Given there's a large component of squats etc, any recommendations of alternate exercises i can do until its back to normal? Anything I can do to speed recovery up? Thanks for any advice in advance

Don't load it at all until you can walk comfortably.

Compression, ice and elevate.

Alternative exercises until then - leg curls, leg extensions and single leg squats on the good leg.

You should be able to get back to squatting / deadlifts pretty quick as long as you don't rush it and fuck it up even more.

Find a good physio if you want detailed advice.

Pretty much if it hurts don't do it.

FYI - I just did my ankle 4 weeks back.

I was on crutches the first two weeks. Strapped and compression for the first 5 days.
Walking and squatting after 3 weeks.

Still can't run though.