• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I know what works for me for what I want. I want the body of a male model, that means abs, pecs, shoulders etc, great definition to be more important than size however size is important :p

I have achieved a lot of this through diet and constant training. The main things that are important are simply train regular and train hard, eat less often and eat small.

The best results from eating was when I used calorieking.com, great website that is really easy to use and helps you through everything. From training was 3 days a week simply because its easier than training more often and plenty of HIIT.

Splits are great if your very focussed and have time to eat everything needed and take the right supps all day and have plenty of time to sleep and other times to rest. Unfortunatley I work physical 9 hour days so its hard to rest up enough.

If your serious about BBing a split is the way to go, but more important is sleep and rest. If you can't get enough BBing is impossible.

This from a guy who cannot squat 1.5x his bodyweight, or even come close to a 2x bw deadlift.

You gotta walk before you run, and crawling comes before both of them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp7VXYNyiXg]YouTube - The Situation Workout DVD trailer with Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino from Jersey Shore[/ame]

This from a guy who cannot squat 1.5x his bodyweight, or even come close to a 2x bw deadlift.

You gotta walk before you run, and crawling comes before both of them.

This is the bodybuilding section....

You've never noticed that all the muscliest dudes at gyms were also the strongest?

depends on which gym.. im the most muscled guy at mine (i go at peak times) and i can only squat 2xBodyWeight (150kg) 2.2xDeadlift and 1.5xBench. Compared to the guys in the PL section on here that's piss weak. So :confused:

LOL Graom, your sig is freaking astronomical mate. You'll soon be getting into Kyle Aaron territory for word count.

Tbh I can't see it cos im on my iPhone :p
depends on which gym.. im the most muscled guy at mine (i go at peak times) and i can only squat 2xBodyWeight (150kg) 2.2xDeadlift and 1.5xBench. Compared to the guys in the PL section on here that's piss weak. So :confused:

I meant comparatively. Obviously if you go to a powerlifting gym it's different but walk into a FF and the dude with the biggest shoulders and chest is 9/10 the guy who benches the most
My old gym was full of bodybuilders. Now guess who were bigger - the guys doing 50kg bench press and 10kg curls or 100kg bench press and 150kg deadlifts?

lol - ppl just dont understand bodybuilding is bodybuilding and powerlifting is powerlifting .....what did PTC start on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the bodybuilding section who gives a fuck what you squat, bench or deadlift...

I've been reading a really good book ATM ....."The Insider Encyclopedia To Building Muscle and Might". The guy says for back and legs higher reps builds bigger muscles. This sort of ties in with what Ceffo's saying.

Not neccesarily Christian.

Hypertrophy responds to higher reps and the more hypertrophy the more muscle growth.

Last edited:
But won't benching 150kg for reps build a better chest then a 50kg bench!?!?

With bodybuilding from what ive learn't speaking with my bodybuilding coach its all about time under tension not how heavy. Sure go heavy but the tempo of say 3 seconds negative and then 1 second positive would require u be lifting under 20% under your max. More muscle fibres are teared this way. Where as Powerlifting its more 1-1 tempo explosive movements.

I just finished reading an article in ironman.

On this very topic.

I don't know what to think anymore. Perhaps I need to rethink my training.

Naturally I assumed a 300kg deadlift would have me looking how I want. Perhaps that isn't so.

Maybe we are all brainwashed..