• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Genetics, Drugs > Training program

You will not look like a bodybuilder doing a body builders 'program'

Go to any fitness first and have a look around... Many people with the latest magazines and latest split training, latest supplements NO XPLOD JAK3D, SUPERDUMP, whatever other crap they sell in stores these days...

I mentioned before in my origonal post that ALL training methods have merits and when you are ready for a certain program you will not need to ask strangers about it you will know yourself.

But picking a certain persons trianing program and expecting to look or attain goals of that person is ridiculous.

There are people here who cant bench BW yet ask about when they should do forearms abs and calves.

For a novice these things are irrelivent and this board caters more towards the novice side of lifters. We are trying to give them the best advice we can...

Most of the best bodybuilders got into it from powerflifting. Ronnie coleman even said he started powerlifitng because of football and fell into bodybuilding. All good bodybuilders realize the importance of building strength first. There is nothing wrong with splits if you are at that stage.

I always love the comment.

Im a bodybuilder so I don't care about getting stronger.

Usually said by guys who do 6 day a week body part split who can curl more than they can squat.

Genetics, Drugs > Training program

You will not look like a bodybuilder doing a body builders 'program'

Go to any fitness first and have a look around... Many people with the latest magazines and latest split training, latest supplements NO XPLOD JAK3D, SUPERDUMP, whatever other crap they sell in stores these days...

I mentioned before in my origonal post that ALL training methods have merits and when you are ready for a certain program you will not need to ask strangers about it you will know yourself.

But picking a certain persons trianing program and expecting to look or attain goals of that person is ridiculous.

There are people here who cant bench BW yet ask about when they should do forearms abs and calves.

For a novice these things are irrelivent and this board caters more towards the novice side of lifters. We are trying to give them the best advice we can...

Most of the best bodybuilders got into it from powerflifting. Ronnie coleman even said he started powerlifitng because of football and fell into bodybuilding. All good bodybuilders realize the importance of building strength first. There is nothing wrong with splits if you are at that stage.

Marry me?

The pain. In my head.
Seriously people. Fuck.
I can't even begin to express myself without combusting.
Thank you Christian.

Feel free to prove me wrong...

T NATION | Powerlifting for Bodybuilders

Please pay attention to my posts... If you are indeed refering to mine with your statement.

We just need to keep this section for bodybuilding and the strength section for strength.

I honestly believe what your saying and what the article is saying but the fact of the matter is - is that this is the bodybuilding section and I know 90% of the guys on here are focused on strength training but keep it for the strength section.

We know you should keep compound movements in your training, blah blah blah yes we get that! - ppl get so caught up with "fitness first" chest and bis guys that ppl forget that thats not all bodybuilding is...and far from it...

It just shows me that hardly anyone is this thread has ever trained with a real bodybuilder nor even really seen a real bodybuilder train.

This thread gives me the shits - again I will say it...we need some real bodybuilders in here to give you guys some knowledge on that side of training...

The forum really should be called aus strength powerlifting forum.

Advice given is for people here.. No one is at that level yet.

I trained with a bodybuilder for a while...

Bloke was doing westside program. Amazing physique. Daniel can vouch you have met him.

And what level is that? lol - where do u draw the line and say someone can do a split program...how do you consider yourself ready for a split program? I started doing split programs when I was 15 and at 16 had 18 1/2 inch arms, 95kgs and 15% bodyfat lol....your telling me my training wasnt working for me....I wasnt at any sort of high level when I started training I just trained heavy/did compounds and focused on one to two body parts each training session - 5-6 days a week.

For me if someone wants to be a bodybuilder they should train like one from the get go - of course include compound movements in all aspects of training.

A bodybuilder doing westside lol - what do u mean? was he a bodybuilder who started doing westside or a dude saying he was a bodybuilder who did westside....

At the end of the day all you need to do is look at 90% of powerlifters V 90% of bodybuilders - they look totally different - you need a complete look if your a bodybuilder not if your a powerlifter...dont ppl understand that bodybuilding is about the look and powerlifting/oly lifting is about the strength....

I can tell you right now that Ronnie Coleman and Arnold didnt build there bodies from doing some strength training style programs when they were younger lol

This hurts my head lol

And what level is that? lol - where do u draw the line and say someone can do a split program...how do you consider yourself ready for a split program? I started doing split programs when I was 15 and at 16 had 18 1/2 inch arms, 95kgs and 15% bodyfat lol....your telling me my training wasnt working for me....I wasnt at any sort of high level when I started training I just trained heavy/did compounds and focused on one to two body parts each training session - 5-6 days a week.

For me if someone wants to be a bodybuilder they should train like one from the get go - of course include compound movements in all aspects of training.

A bodybuilder doing westside lol - what do u mean? was he a bodybuilder who started doing westside or a dude saying he was a bodybuilder who did westside....

At the end of the day all you need to do is look at 90% of powerlifters V 90% of bodybuilders - they look totally different - you need a complete look if your a bodybuilder not if your a powerlifter...dont ppl understand that bodybuilding is about the look and powerlifting/oly lifting is about the strength....

I can tell you right now that Ronnie Coleman and Arnold didnt build there bodies from doing some strength training style programs when they were younger lol

This hurts my head lol

Actually Arnold did. Full body programs were the norm when he started out. His idol Reg Park was one of the pioneers of using the 5x5 full body routine for bodybuilding and he got Arnold on to it.

Arnold's famous split was mainly used for comp prep, for a large part of the year (when off cycle) he would just train powerlifting style.

there is no level at which you are deemed neccesary to start split training. its bullshit.

You honestly think every BB started out my doing a full body big compound movements then slowly chissled away for that great look?
Give me a break.
Just cos arnold did it dosnt mean its the key to success.
Can you just post in the god damn strength section if all you guys want to do is say isolation is for pussies, and there all faggots doing 6day splits.
Honestly just fuck off, Im not saying im some expert but some of the shit that has been said in this thread is just BS.
BBs look great cos they use a mixture on each bodypart with compound and isolation.
Powerlifters look like fat ****s because they don't ( i said it) and various other reasons i cbf'd listing

thats it. take all your west side and 5/3/1 crap and shove it straight up your candy ass!

I'd say 80% are from limited knowledge.
just like most people who do isolation excricises are faggots and weak correct?

there is no level at which you are deemed neccesary to start split training. its bullshit.

You honestly think every BB started out my doing a full body big compound movements then slowly chissled away for that great look?
Give me a break.
Just cos arnold did it dosnt mean its the key to success.
Can you just post in the god damn strength section if all you guys want to do is say isolation is for pussies, and there all faggots doing 6day splits.
Honestly just fuck off, Im not saying im some expert but some of the shit that has been said in this thread is just BS.
BBs look great cos they use a mixture on each bodypart with compound and isolation.
Powerlifters look like fat ****s because they don't ( i said it) and various other reasons i cbf'd listing

thats it. take all your west side and 5/3/1 crap and shove it straight up your candy ass!

You say all this and yet I see in one of your post that you have been lifting weights for 7 months and only been doing deads for 4 months. You also said you neglected legs for a part of your 7 months of training.

So I'm guessing this wealth of knowledge about building muscle on splits vs full body is not coming from personal experience. So what are you basing your knowledge on.