• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spilt or beginers

logan

hey guys im new on here joined up like last week ive been doin ss and madcows im gettting stronger but lacking size i dont even look like i lift my lift are 130kg/90kg/180kg would doing a 3 day spilt like this put on some size ?? or just go with the beginers workout on here ??? cheers logan

bench 3x8 60kg
dbpress 3x8 20kg
dbflys 3x8 12kg
cgp 3x8 60kg
dip 3x8 bw

deadlift 80x5 100x5 130x8
bbrow 3x8 60kg
dbrow 3x8 15kg
chin 3x8 bw
bbcurl 3x8 20kg

squat 3x8 80kg
leg ex 3x8 35kg
sldl 3x8 80kg
ohp 3x8 32kg
sideraise 3x8 7kg

i eat a fair bit i started at 76kg in august now im around 83kg im putting on size just not getting that muscular look so i thought maybe i should ditch the low rep stuff and go high rep??

You're probably putting on fat as well as muscle. Can't have the best of both worlds (bulking and dropping body fat doesn't work)

i eat a fair bit i started at 76kg in august now im around 83kg im putting on size just not getting that muscular look so i thought maybe i should ditch the low rep stuff and go high rep??

Stick with the lower rep stuff (5s are good) and make sure you are getting stronger, if not, your not doing it properly.

Also getting muscular doesn't happen over night or even months. You have to stick with it for years.

Last edited:
Stick with the lower rep stuff (5s are good) and make sure you are getting stronger, if not, your not doing it properly.

Also getting muscular doesn't happen over night or even months. You have to stick with it for years.

^^^^Sound advice right here^^^^

Plus keep eating lots.

At your current strength level you could quite easily transition to something like 5/3/1 and do the Big But Boring assistance template. If you don't get big and strong off that program you are doing something very wrong.

At your current strength level you could quite easily transition to something like 5/3/1 and do the Big But Boring assistance template. If you don't get big and strong off that program you are doing something very wrong.

yeh maybe ill stick with madcows till i cant progress anymore then go on 2 531 madcows is goin good but my bench sucks and im about to stall im up ta 73.5kgx5 ohp 43.5x5 deadlift 150x5 squat 105x5 and 70x5 on row