• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Something for sleep

ZMA is good.
if you are really struggling restavit or other over the counter sleeping pills work. i dont like them though because you wake up drowsy

Melatonin is also good for sleep. I find Gaba gives me a really restful sleep but doesn't actually help me to get to sleep which is where Melatonin is better.

Anyone tried Phenibut?

working night shift my sleeping pattern was all screwed up , majorly tired etc so tried a few things and nothing seemed to work only made my bank balance lighter
the thing that i found worked the best was warm milo and 2-3 panadol

RESTAVIT

if i need to i take half of one at 5pm... asleep by 8pm.. wake up at 8am and u dont feel too to drowsy. it takes 12 hrs to get out of system. i took one once at 11pm.. bad idea.. i was drowsty most of day so i now take early if i need to... whcih is actually rarely

Are you taking stimulants during the day? If you are, try cutting them out earlier in the day. Depending on your age Melatonin may be beneficial but be careful with prolonged use of it as there is plenty of anecdotal incidents linking it to depression. If you have SEVERE insomnia Stilnox will work but that's another can of worms all together and you should be seeing a GP for advice on that.

6-12mg of Melatonin
400-800mg of magnesium
Also some valerian root...

Gets me to sleep asap.

Ps I take no responsibility of any side effects or dangers if any...

Well I've been on ZMA caps for close to 2 weeks, got them from bulk nutrients. Taking one capsule an hour before bed, followed by milk+wpc no less than 30 mins after zma. Haven't experienced the vivid dreams like a lot of people claim and as far as sleep quality goes I do feel like a get a slightly better quality of sleep (feel refreshed when I wake up and not as tired as I used to be); whether it's placebo or not I am not sure.

One thing I have noticed though is that my facial hair has started to come through a bit more it appears that more hair is on there than usual.