• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

sodium - Bitch Please

Sydking

So... i dont like eating the same food day in day out so i make lots of different recipes each week.

One i like to do is 2 chicken breasts in the slow cooker covered in two cans of cream of chicken or cream or mushroom soup.

take them out in the morning and shred them... Served over a bed of fresh vegies, Simple protein source for the day...

Ive noticed a lot of people complain about the sodium in the cans, 800mg per serve, mind you most of the soup is left behind but im sure the chicken soaks a bit up

But 1 teaspoon of salt (6g) is 2325mg...... im sure we all use a bit each day, i know if i do a big sauce or soup il put in atelast 3 or 4

with plenty of water and exercise i don't see this as issue

Sick of all the old whingers, Keep eating your low sodium, fat free, carb free foods and good luck on your "diet"

I have lost all hope for the human race

anchovies and capers on EVERYTHING FTW :D

you need sodium. unless you have a serious hypertension issue, really low sodium is just an electrolyte imbalance waiting to happen :)

Capers... *Drools* have you ever had the ones that look like tiny fresh figs? They are awesome! They are called gruesas in Spanish, correct me if im wrong but that means thick.

Mehh my Italian is much better then Spanish but it sounds very similar to me :)

Low sodium diet is for fat fuckers who are too lazy to exercise but still want to eat like an Olympian champ.

The body needs salt, and the more you exercise the more salt you need.

However there is plenty of salt in must foods without adding any, unless you sweat to the extreme, I have a good friend of mine who competes in marathons and iron man comps as well as triathlons, he trains about three hours a day most days. He actually takes salt tablets to keep his electrolytes up.

On the other had, salt also makes your food taste like crap for most things and kills your taste buds, so you can't actually taste the real flavour of the food any more, needing you to add more salt to make the food taste like something creating a vicious circle of ever increasing salt consumption leading to a lot of health problems.

We do not add any salt to the food we prepare/eat at home and it tastes great to me, as I can taste the flavour of the food. Went away to the Gold Coast last week and ate out a few times, and most of the food tasted too salty to eat and was not enjoyable to eat due to the saltiness.

So give yourself a break from the salt and you will get to taste the real food as you taste buds will come back to life after a few weeks, and as mentioned earlier there is plenty of salt in everything we eat already.:)

Don't eat chips at home.

Did have done while away last week and all I could taste was salt. No taste of anything else. Did not end up eating most of them.

No need to drown them in salt. May be a light sprinkle on chips would be plenty.

Can't say I am a fan of chips at the best of times though.

Make chips all the time. Probably my favorite food and nothing wrong with some salt on ya chips. It's just not quite right otherwise.

Capers... *Drools* have you ever had the ones that look like tiny fresh figs? They are awesome! They are called gruesas in Spanish, correct me if im wrong but that means thick.

Mehh my Italian is much better then Spanish but it sounds very similar to me :)

yes yes I love those!!!!! big fan of caperberries :)

your spanish is fine lol

I miss having anchovies on celery sticks. I can eat the anchovies but can't have more than 1 small celery stick. that sucks. :mad:

I generally use alot of salt while cooking and im wondering if its worth the extra coin using himalayan rock salt as it apparently packed with vitamins and minerals.

Boiled potatoes with salt and olive oil and some mixed fucking herbs is sensational.

I definately salt kunce.

yes yes I love those!!!!! big fan of caperberries :)

your spanish is fine lol

I miss having anchovies on celery sticks. I can eat the anchovies but can't have more than 1 small celery stick. that sucks. :mad:

Anchovies on celery, Il have to try that one

I LOVE the white anchovies, more so because i can eat more of them without feeling sick :)

While Italian is on the on the topic, I actually made my own ricotta the other night that was quite good. i used lime juice as the acid which i wont be doing again as it imparts a strong flavor. OK for a sweet style with a bit of honey mixed through and rolled into pancakes but :)

My uncle in Sicily is actually a cheese maker, his secret for fresh ricotta is to the the white zap that comes from the fig tree, Il have to try that.

Boiled potatoes with salt and olive oil and some mixed fucking herbs is sensational.

I definately salt kunce.

Add in a handful of fresh green beans from the garden and you've got an orgasm in your mouth

I like to add a drizzle of Balsamic too :)

Anchovies on celery, Il have to try that one

I LOVE the white anchovies, more so because i can eat more of them without feeling sick :)

While Italian is on the on the topic, I actually made my own ricotta the other night that was quite good. i used lime juice as the acid which i wont be doing again as it imparts a strong flavor. OK for a sweet style with a bit of honey mixed through and rolled into pancakes but :)

My uncle in Sicily is actually a cheese maker, his secret for fresh ricotta is to the the white zap that comes from the fig tree, Il have to try that.

I love the Sicilian white anchovies...but usually the get imported in sunflower oil which is a mega fail :(
I found some expensive but beautiful Spanish ones in EVOO ... OMG !!!

I love homemade ricotta! Maybe lemon juice is better than lime?

Wow, when it's still warm and you sprinkle coffee grounds and sugar on top.... mamma mia :D

tell me how the fig sap goes...do you have a fig tree? I might just have to word up my aunt about some sap from her tree lol