• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

So i trained at snap fitness tonight...

walt

DuffProteinMan
In before im a pussy whatever.

Got a week trial to trial snap fitness out which is a walk down the road. My other gym is quite a good gym, but it takes too long to drive there, i don't have my p's and my parents are sick of driving me.

Snap fitness is pretty small, only a smith machine, no power rack, few benches. Went at busy time (6pm) and was really busy but most went away from free weights so it was me and a few others just using benches and dumbbells.

I was just wondering, is it worth signing up there (only $37 a month, 24/7) with no ability to do squats? Maybe smith machine front squats. Deadlifts are allowed with chalk though.

Remember im not a powerlifter and don't plan to powerlift in the future. So i don't mind if i can't squat 180kg, i would rather have tree trunks for legs.

I trained quite fine tonight, hit pb's all over. Bench press bench wasn't that good though:(

Is it worth it, what do you guys think?

hey prisonmike do you train there as well? I saw a guy with redlands rugby jersey there training.

It's not the equipment I'm most worried about Its wether u will find the motivation to improve.. and end up getting stuck in a rut...

I went for a peek at my local one at peak hour.. mostly people on treadmills and light weights being moved.. if u want motivation to get huge .. snap isn't the place

They had 30kg dumbells maxed out... And no power rack..

It's not the equipment I'm most worried about Its wether u will find the motivation to improve.. and end up getting stuck in a rut...

I went for a peek at my local one at peak hour.. mostly people on treadmills and light weights being moved.. if u want motivation to get huge .. snap isn't the place

i understand, but i can motivate myself as long as i have a dumbbell or barbell in my hand. Sometimes i do lack a bit, but i pick myself up again quickly.

Im not trying to get huge either, just a muscular body that is lean.

Not really worth it if you cant do what you want there (squats) and the stuff you can do there (bench) isn't very good.

Hurry up and get your license or check if there's any others that are close by.

Not really worth it if you cant do what you want there (squats) and the stuff you can do there (bench) isn't very good.

Hurry up and get your license or check if there's any others that are close by.

only one within walking distance

Leg press? Ghetto style GHR (even some hammie curls). High rep lunges.

Yes they have leg press, thanks for these dave!

But your a beast at squats.. :p But yeah Split squats & leg press. Snap Fitness opened up here a couple days ago. Might check it out on Thursday, I can't squat atm anyway.

In before im a pussy whatever.

Got a week trial to trial snap fitness out which is a walk down the road. My other gym is quite a good gym, but it takes too long to drive there, i don't have my p's and my parents are sick of driving me.

Snap fitness is pretty small, only a smith machine, no power rack, few benches. Went at busy time (6pm) and was really busy but most went away from free weights so it was me and a few others just using benches and dumbbells.

I was just wondering, is it worth signing up there (only $37 a month, 24/7) with no ability to do squats? Maybe smith machine front squats. Deadlifts are allowed with chalk though.

Remember im not a powerlifter and don't plan to powerlift in the future. So i don't mind if i can't squat 180kg, i would rather have tree trunks for legs.

I trained quite fine tonight, hit pb's all over. Bench press bench wasn't that good though:(

Is it worth it, what do you guys think?

hey prisonmike do you train there as well? I saw a guy with redlands rugby jersey there training.
yeah....nah i don't train there.

Why the hell don't they have a squat rack? WTF is wrong with them for gods sake!

I can't understand that shit, don't waste your money mate, train somewhere that you can be a man, not one of these fuckin pussy wankers that talk to there friend on the phone as they are doing a work set PFFFFFT. For the love of god don't succumb to that shit, don't give them anymore money to open more of these so called gyms.

DON'T TRAIN THERE, THEY WILL SLOWLY SUCK YOU IN TO THEIR PATHETICNESS!

LOL, honestly mate, why bother training there at all if they don't have the equipment that you know you need. If your paying to train somewhere, you shouldn't have to do special exercises because they lack equipment.

But your a beast at squats.. :p But yeah Split squats & leg press. Snap Fitness opened up here a couple days ago. Might check it out on Thursday, I can't squat atm anyway.

Tell me how small snap Fitness is, mine is tiny i couldn't believe it when i first walked in

I thought 'Curves' was more your style :p

lol, at least snap fitness have dumbbells..

Flip or carry the machines, strongman style...

i could imagine the amount of stares all these people doing 2.5kg curls would give me hahah

Buy bicycle. Ride 15mins to preferred gym. Arrive warmed up.Ride home warmed down.

cbf

Why the hell don't they have a squat rack? WTF is wrong with them for gods sake!

I can't understand that shit, don't waste your money mate, train somewhere that you can be a man, not one of these fuckin pussy wankers that talk to there friend on the phone as they are doing a work set PFFFFFT. For the love of god don't succumb to that shit, don't give them anymore money to open more of these so called gyms.

DON'T TRAIN THERE, THEY WILL SLOWLY SUCK YOU IN TO THEIR PATHETICNESS!

LOL, honestly mate, why bother training there at all if they don't have the equipment that you know you need. If your paying to train somewhere, you shouldn't have to do special exercises because they lack equipment.

my old gym had power rack, but it still had douchebags talking on phone the whole time. I don't care what other people do around me as long as it doesn't affect me.

I can understand, but squats are not the only leg exercise i can do, although i will miss it, i can make do with bulgarian split squats.

do they have a contract? if not then i cant see why you cant give it a go then quit if it sux.

Yep good thing is no contract.

awesome news, found out tonight while doing deadlifts, a pt comes over and asks me what im doing, weight is pretty impressive ect.

Ive seen this pt at my old gym doing deadlifts with 220kg, squatting 180kg.

I mentioned that this gym needs a power rack, and he said him and other pt are pushing for one and there is a good chance they will have a power rack soon.