• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Snap fitness"

I like my 24/7. No staff hardly, don't have to speak to anyone. I go there to lift not chat and look at other guys lifting.

High Rd Willetton, near bunnings - there are 2 24/7 gyms with about 30m separating them, and another about 150-200m down the rd ... That just seems stupid to me .. It seems rare now to find a 24/7 gym that DOESN'T have another one within 1km..

I'd be keen to join a 24/7 with decent free weight equipment but I'm worried about overcrowding, I guess that is going to be less of an issue now with the amount that are popping up. I'll also be going back to full time study in a few weeks, so I can train during the day.

Do the Anytime Fitness memberships give you access to that club only?

Within 3 km of me at Dee Why there are 33 gyms (including cross fit etc ) only 2 or 3 are 24 hour. Go to 5km and you hit 50

I'd be keen to join a 24/7 with decent free weight equipment but I'm worried about overcrowding, I guess that is going to be less of an issue now with the amount that are popping up. I'll also be going back to full time study in a few weeks, so I can train during the day.

Do the Anytime Fitness memberships give you access to that club only?

no cheap gym at uni ?

The one here at UTS is $265 for six months
UTS Fitness Centre - Join now

The equipment is reasonable and if you pick your time, usually no or little weight for equipment. Yet to see someone curling in one of the squat racks, though did see some fat bstard doing split bulgarian squats in the curling area :D

no cheap gym at uni ?

The one here at UTS is $265 for six months
UTS Fitness Centre - Join now

The equipment is reasonable and if you pick your time, usually no or little weight for equipment. Yet to see someone curling in one of the squat racks, though did see some fat bstard doing split bulgarian squats in the curling area :D

I live about 40 minute drive from my uni, I much prefer to lift somewhere close to home (fridge), and so I don't have to bother with taking clothes, gym bag etc.

my town populatation of around 35k , including outer towns around 60k , in my town we have 2x 24/7 within 5mins of each other , boosting it to a total of 6 gyms not including 2-3 gyms that are by appointment only

My town has an Anytime Fitness, where I go, a Jetts and I think we have Snap Fitness.

Anytime is not bad. Decent free weights. It opened about a year ago and was great for the first 6 months, because there wasn't a huge number of members and you could go around 9pm on a week day and be one of only three people in the gym.

Now, especially after New Years, there seems to be a ton of new members and the gym just isn't big enough for everyone. They keep offering these cheap memberships, no joining fee etc and it just keeps getting more crowded and full of douche bags.

The equipment is pretty good, but I hate how they skimp on essential things like barbells, which are already bent etc and choose to spend money on trendy shit like TRX's.

I train at Snap in Mackay and the staff couldn't be more helpful if you asked. I suppose a gym is what you make it. I don't worry or let anyone else at the gym effect my workout. Plenty of space/equipment so never have to wait for a machine. And when I get home at 11pm from out of town work, I can go straight there and not have to worry about being closed. Some of the other gyms here don't even open on Sundays...

Have notised gyms being located close to each other often around shopping centres. Not uncommon to be near supplement shops which are springing up everywhere. FitnessPlus 247 and Stepz 24 hour fitness are another two which are launching nationally, possibly a few more as well. Most of the major chains also appear to be planning more gyms, it looks like most areas of around 30,000 people up may end up having a good choice of gyms in the coming years if current trends are any indication.

I went and checked out the anytime fitness near me, was 65 a month on 12 months direct debit or 700 up front. Plus a 110 joining fee.

There's two squat racks but no bench press which I found strange. I suspect it's an ohs thing.

Nowhere near cheap enough for me to even consider. I pay 60 a month for a decent weight room and a good lap pool and spa at the local council rec.

Walked into the anytime gym up the road from ptc to pick up my muscle meals.
Got dazed by all the mirrors and people wearing gloves in string singlets.

Hastily picked up my box of food and walked out before I had a seizure.

Yea next summer im really going to try for that emo look

hahaha GOLD, quote of the day.

im a member of a francise gym at present due to it being convenient. in business, no growth means no business, in the gym business growth is eveerything but it has to stop or the bloody gym cant fit everyone in!@@

if you want to get out then cancel your credit or debit card. problem solved :D

I am really grateful for my garage set up, the atmosphere of the gym I go to now has become a joke. The other night this skinny bloke was walking around the place without a shirt. The place is full of kids who can't train for shit, if it wasn't over the road I would have ditched the place long ago. Anytime are supposed to be opening in the area at some stage, from most of the people I have spoken to and my observation, it seems a far more professional set up and attracts a good gym crowd.