• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sleep Problems

There are other treatments besides the machine, depending on how severe your sleep apnea is, and even something as simple as learning the circular breathing that aborigines do when they play the didgeridoo will help.

Sleep maintenance insomia

any stress/depression?

Got a clock in your bedroom that you can see? get rid of it or turn it around
Try and not workout too close to bed time
Try a magnesium supplement before bed

This happens to me every so often , i have narrowed it down to when I am thinking too much,planning getting anxious

These guys are on it. Try this first, then if not, sus it out with a GP if it's medical related. I doubt it though. Sleep is highly cognitive, I have shit sleep if there's a clock in the room or if I have a lot on my mind.

Try ZMA, I have quite a deep sleep after having a few of those before bed (avoid milk/calcium before taking)

Yeee!

Defiantly go see a GP as they are the smartest most accurate diagnosing people in this world - he will probably put you on anti-depressants.

WIN!

Had 9 good sleeps in a row, but today woke up at 3.21 after just 4 hours sleep....shiiiiiit! Gave it half-hour to fall back asleep but no go.

On a positive note, I just now bumped into Santa. I heard some commotion, went to check it out and there he was. We had a gasbag that went a little something like this.

DKD: "What up fat man?"
SC: "..."
DKD: "That's a lotta presents you got there."
SC: "..."
DKD: "How come none for me?"
SC: "You been naughty, not nice."
DKD: "WTF?"
SC: "Your posts have been rude, crude and lewd. You're a disgrace. At your age you should know better."
DKD: "GTFO of my house you fat c**t. Go see Kyle Aaron to work off some of those kilos jerk-off."

Bahumbug!

I use restavit 3-4 times a week to help me get to sleep. A quarter of a tab more often than not is enough to send me off to nodland without too much of a bodyload the next morning. I am wondering though, has anyone used this for an extended period of time? Are there any problems with this at all? I haven't been able to find any info on this. All I have come across is "don't use this medicine for more than a few days" without explaining why. And if it's only a quarter of a tab, that shouldn't be a big deal, right?

I use restavit 3-4 times a week to help me get to sleep. A quarter of a tab more often than not is enough to send me off to nodland without too much of a bodyload the next morning. I am wondering though, has anyone used this for an extended period of time? Are there any problems with this at all? I haven't been able to find any info on this. All I have come across is "don't use this medicine for more than a few days" without explaining why. And if it's only a quarter of a tab, that shouldn't be a big deal, right?

I use restavit all the time through exam time, but consistent use each night for 10+ nights in a row can actually make insomnia worse. This was info from my gp so not sure how accurate it is

Just been told that lots of prescription sleep aids are quite addictive. That could be why.

I value my sleep greatly so eye mask & ear plugs for me. My curtains are shit. Need better ones, and air con!

melatonin is helpful if I'm having real difficulty getting to sleep but my main issue is getting up too early also.

Just been told that lots of prescription sleep aids are quite addictive. That could be why.

I value my sleep greatly so eye mask & ear plugs for me. My curtains are shit. Need better ones, and air con!

melatonin is helpful if I'm having real difficulty getting to sleep but my main issue is getting up too early also.

Restavit is non prescription, also not addictive. Valarian extract is ok as well

I have removed my clock, tv, laptop i sleep well. Problem is, i now have block out curtains and find it very hard to get out of bed.

So if I wanted to go the au naturale option, I should take valarian root, melatonin and ZMA half an hour before bed?

I dont understand how activities at midnight the night before affect early morning rising? I thought they just affected getting to sleep?

I have the same issue, I wake after 5-6 hours sleep with regularity now, it's very annoying. I think it's due partially to my stress levels (lost my job, uncertain future etc.) and partially to a need to go to the toilet before the 8 hours is up. I always make sure I go back to bed, it's very important.