• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

skim milk powder question

bronx.system

Hey all,

some people have told me to buy skim milk powder to mix in with whey before bed as it is a cheap casein. I went to 2 shops and its sold out. My question is can i just drink smilk milk instead or is it the powder process that makes it casein.

thank you

Yes you can drink skim milk?
The nutritional panel is on the bottle.
Don't worry about casein it's just marketing hype from supp companies so they can sell more powder. Just get the protein in.

argh damn really /=

what about that hydrolized micro whey? is that scam? I started to take it right after a workout with some fruit since i heard about that anabolic window thing

Milk protein is mainly casein, but you need to consume a bit to equal say a scoop of casein powder. It's just a concentrated form. I would be interested to know hte difference between digestion times of milk vs a casein supplement given the difference in their physical states. It's a pretty safe bet that something like cottage cheese of meat would digest slower than milk, I would think. Nothing magical about casein protein specifically compared to say meat. Just supposedly a slow digesting protein so you don't catabolise into a pile of dust overnight. TBH I have casein as part of my last meal before bed because it's easy and like a high protein chocolate custard. :) Not essential though. If times were tough it would be one of the first things to go.

Last edited:
Like what Shrek is saying you don't need special protein to get you through the night.

Any protein is slow digesting anyway. Eat a high protein diet and you will have plenty to get you through the night no matter what type of protein it is.

argh damn really /=

what about that hydrolized micro whey? is that scam? I started to take it right after a workout with some fruit since i heard about that anabolic window thing

It's just a fast digesting protein because it's already enzymatically partially digested. Big picture; is the digestion rate of Hydrolised WPI vs WPC gonna' make a difference to your physique? My opinion for the money is no.

Last edited:
Requisite off topic dildo pic:

the-fist-of-fury-dildo-2.jpg

WPI is beneficial however if you're semi lactose intolerant like me. Drinking same amount of WPC that I do with WPI gives me the shits! (literally)

As for skim milk, I like how it has higher amounts of calcium compared with the full cream variety. Even if it will never win in the taste department.

Used to get Milk Powder when I was a teen and couldn't afford protein powder....good to mix in with your shakes....

Where do you get this?

I saw coconut sugar the other day....dafuq

Yeah coconut sugar's nice. The powdered coconut milk should be available at Woolies or coles bro. Could be in the Asian section if not with the other powdered milk.