• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
nice selection of hammers :)

Big Mick, GHR is a bit different movement (note the pad is rounderer)
glute-exercises_1335551862.jpg

compared to
wrk_str_backext.jpg

Ahh, cool, that explains it perfectly. :)

Is there any advantage to having the bench press as opposed to a standalone bench that you push inside your rack when benching?

I had one of these and could not sell it on eBay with a 99c starting bid. Having a rack is versitile for different exercises and a bench can easily be moved aside when its squat day. A Bench press is better as a boar anchor, just takes up room......

I had one of these and could not sell it on eBay with a 99c starting bid. Having a rack is versitile for different exercises and a bench can easily be moved aside when its squat day. A Bench press is better as a boar anchor, just takes up room......

yeah pretty much if i didn't have the space i would sell the bench press. though as deep said, they are pretty hard to sell. cost a shit load as well for use at home. I got it as a package second hand cheap so no complaints there. guess for convenience sake no need to readjust spotter bars and j hooks.

ah thanks, yeah loving the bag, although haven't been able to use it as of yet. thank god for the ghr.

Does anyone else on here have the super duper incline/decline bench from gym direct? FSID off the top of my head.... was looking at grabbing one after l dodge the tax man and get some $ back...

I'd switch the barbells over from bench to squat rack. The barbell on the bench has the knurled section in the centre? No advantage when benching but handy when squatting to grip the back of your neck/shirt when the bar rests on top of your traps or across your back, pending preference (hi/low bar)

Gym looks awesome

Hi guys thought id make a contribution, have enjoyed trolling through this thread.

Nothing special the original idea was to save money but I am slowly adding more stuff!

Cybermarket rack & flat bench.
Homemade platform with toasters.
ABC powerbar
Solid focus bar (won)
2 cheap bars
E-Z bar
2 db handles
295kg in rubber coated plates
Oly plate tree
Brute force strongman sandbag
2 homemade Bulgarian sandbags
32kg kettlebell

14sfrqw.jpg

331dhy9.jpg

Hi guys thought id make a contribution, have enjoyed trolling through this thread.

Nothing special the original idea was to save money but I am slowly adding more stuff!

Cybermarket rack & flat bench.
Homemade platform with toasters.
ABC powerbar
Solid focus bar (won)
2 cheap bars
E-Z bar
2 db handles
295kg in rubber coated plates
Oly plate tree
Brute force strongman sandbag
2 homemade Bulgarian sandbags
32kg kettlebell
]

Awesome mate very similar to what I got but you have that killer ABC bar.

Cheers guys. I used to compete and have been using gyms for about 20 years now so finally decided to get a decent home setup. We recently had an extn built at the rear and plan to use it for our training and also the wife is planning to get into some PT. Prior to this it was all cramped in a garage so it`s nice to have a bit of room to move about.

The final few bits will be a funtional trainer, fixed set of DB`s and a spin bike hopefully.

I`ve spent a fair bit but I`ve done it over time and I reckon they pay for themselves over time when you take into account no travelling times to the gym/fuel and memberships for the wife and I.