• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ok let's see if I get this right.

Here is my humble little setup, think I've got all the bases covered though I'm forever changing things around, getting new equipment, getting rid of old equipment etc to keep it interesting.
First set of pics is of all the main pieces, some powertec gear in the form of leverage gym with iso laterals, leg sled, leverage squat/calf and the one with the pec fly on it was called the vertical gym I believe, the half rack is made by Raw, it's been a great little rig and I can't fault it, price was excellent too.
6e5d2a5344ce71aaf40d586cd4bd7433.jpg

98d8284846fe4e966ec40245096800c8.jpg
df09603786cb3407ce97aa4732b69fa3.jpg
08b0247fa89b2bc13d032950e2addf87.jpg

Then we've got the trusty quick lock DB's that go up to 54 kg, can't push the stack yet but can pull it no probs.
3002069ba82d65abceaef7d5f4f785d5.jpg

Assorted bars and cable attachments.
124b8a779c55c5d681f1da538d2b9729.jpg

Couple of most recent enhancements are the barbarian t-bar attachment (love this thing)
fa52f833680a67de5826313e0a911654.jpg
and I've also upgraded my rack with some barbarian j-hooks which as you can see by the comparison pic that they leave the originals for dead, I should say the old ones did their job fine but I was never 100% happy with them, new ones are titties.
2e4eb49dfe5684223550fb0232cdc1d4.jpg
cc5003db14b5225a22fa3a39dfc2c33d.jpg
ecdd332e9e77d6ed933daadadca7b553.jpg

Well in effect it is a display for photographic purposes, but it does look like that most of the time unless it's being used, I like to keep it neat and organised ready for my next workout that way I can go in knowing where everything is, set up and get into it.
It gets used hard and often and I never miss a workout.

Lol....no thanks [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION]....you won't see any you toobing from this bloke, I'm a bit of a loner/private sort of person and I train alone the majority of the time, that's why I've set up my gym this way, I can train heavy by myself and not worry too much about getting crushed if I fuck up on a big set.

and I've also upgraded my rack with some barbarian j-hooks which as you can see by the comparison pic that they leave the originals for dead, I should say the old ones did their job fine but I was never 100% happy with them, new ones are titties.

My gym has a couple of those Raw racks and my only complaint is the terrible J hooks. Nice to see they can be replaced with better ones. Do you have a link for the Barbarian ones?

Hey @Sam, just go onto the Sams fitness site and you'll find them on there, only $60 or so for the pair.....they do the spotter bars too but they aren't as long as the original ones on the Raw rack, I'm happy enough with the originals anyway, it's just the j-hooks that I wasn't 100% happy with.....Sams have two types, one without the rubber and the ones like I have with rubber, both solid items but I prefer the rubber coated for bar protection.

Last edited:
Thats fucking awesome.

Much better than my timber squat stands, concrete plates (had a few bags spare so I cast a few) and bench made from timber and the pad from an under car creeper.

Ill get around to making a rack/bench in steel one day.

Last edited:
uploadfromtaptalk1445825513290.jpg

Got this last week, pretty much everything I need at the moment. Will be looking for extra Olympic plates too soon. My only other thing that I'd like is a leg extension/curl machine.

Feel utterly depressed posting this after seeing pythons setup lol.

Nothing wrong with that rig mate, you should be proud of it, no point comparing it to mine or others.....you've got everything you need and more right there and it's all yours to use when you want, if you can't get a workout in that leaves you hobbling out of the gym with that gear you need your ass kicked, then you'll have a reason to be depressed.....

You add any more levels onto that and you'll need a permit from the council...

Ha! Randwick council is traditionally quite corrupt, I'm sure a little under the table payment would sort any worries of 'permits'. Haha