• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shoulder injury

craze

My right shoulder has been injured for some time. No specific action caused this injury that i can think of.

Should excercise or deadlift brings it on.

Went to physio and tried to strengthen rotator cuff muscles over some weeks. No improvments, stopped lifting for a few weeks no improvment.

My job as electrician often makes me end up in compromising positions in a confined space.

My right side of the body is weaker.

Saw another physio and it seems my shoulder blade is moving around and pinching in the joint.
Suggested to do shoulder squeeze excercises and ice it.

Insisted on mri and had that done.

Booked in to review later this week.

How does this sorta thing happen? How do i fix and prevent it? Any supplements that may benifit?
I stopped Pushing as hard as i normally do in the gym for some time now.

Even resting my hands behind my head result in shoulder ache.

Any advice appreciated thanks

Wait for the MRI results and see what happens from there. If there is anything in the results, your doctor or sports physio should treat the injury specifically.
A proper diagnosis is the best diagnosis.

Wait for the MRI results and see what happens from there. If there is anything in the results, your doctor or sports physio should treat the injury specifically.
A proper diagnosis is the best diagnosis.

Gotta agree with this...

Had the similar problem fairly recently and I think I started a similar thread.

You'll get different advices from different peoples... but each case is different.

I'm a sparky as well by trade (off the tools but) so can relate to tight ass spaces!

With me, after xray, and ultra-sound, mri was the only thing that picked up I had arthritis in my left shoulder so is phucked. Got consult at public hospital for 'surgery' in Oct so will have to see.

Got a cortisone and left it a few weeks, went back to starting on bench press, but pain has come back so just have to work around as best I can now.

You may have bursitis or anything, but good call insisting on the mri.

The results will come back fairly quickly and you'll be that much clearer on what needs to be done :)

For now [MENTION=6775]craze[/MENTION]; rest is the best medicine until you've got your MRI results back

Shoulders are just a problem area, overuse and muscle imbalances are pretty common. Had my shoulder pain for almost a year but with consistent strengthening exercises and stretches and of course physiotherapy it's almost back to 100%.

But definitely rest and wait for the results, don't push it until you know what you're dealing with.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

Ok thank you all, i know it sucks as my arms and shoulders/traps have shrunk.

It really has me questioning why i train.

Ill post back after thurs morn with the results.
I cant get my head around these things, if i see something broken in work i fix it.

But this injury does not seem a quick fix

Ps going to smash legs for a bit now.

a side note my range on dips has sucked for quite some time. Once upon a time prior to injury was doing dips with 17.5-25kg strapped to me. I already weighed 95kg

Saw the Physio today, nothing major but a muscle inside under should blade is the problem inflamed or something. Have been giving excercise with a green band to perform 3 times a day. Shoulder blade squeeze, rotator cuff excercise. He says dont do any upper body at gym for 6 weeks and do these exercise and we should be good to go

Saw the Physio today, nothing major but a muscle inside under should blade is the problem inflamed or something. Have been giving excercise with a green band to perform 3 times a day. Shoulder blade squeeze, rotator cuff excercise. He says dont do any upper body at gym for 6 weeks and do these exercise and we should be good to go

Good luck staying away from upper body for 6 weeks mate! :eek:

Where are you in Aus? Does your physio have experience weightlifting? Might want to get one that does... See who your local oly/power lifters use.

Ps going to smash legs for a bit now.

a side note my range on dips has sucked for quite some time. Once upon a time prior to injury was doing dips with 17.5-25kg strapped to me. I already weighed 95kg

Be careful with this, squats can be unkind to the shoulder as well.

Take a couple weeks off till the pain passes and gradually reintroduce exercises working out which one is causing the problem.

Then eliminate that movement.

Some update, started gym 5 weeks ago easing back into it, shoulder giving pain again so stopped.

Been to physio have to strengthen shoulder blade stabilization on 1 side and stretch pectorials.

Kinda depressing, havent been to gym really for 2 months and 3 months prior half ass. Been drinking too much and eating fat food! Ahhhh
Moving house and work doesnt help

Im hoping to have thing sorted in new year and be back into it.