• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should pole dancing be an Olympic sport?

IMO anything that requires a judges score card shouldn't be an Olympic Sport
I'd take checkers over synchronised swimming or gymnastics

Bodybuilding should be an Olympic sport. The drug testing would be a bit of a joke though.

The biggest problem with BBing as an Olympic sport is that it is judged completely subjective to the opinions and ideals of the panel. How do you define 'too big'. How do you define 'perfect proportions'.

You can't define so many of those things. Two people of different heights with different sized and shaped joints will have two different ideal masses for their frame, two different sets of proportions.

I would LOVE to see BBing resume its place of glory from 30/40 years ago. But I doubt we will ever see it in a competitive Olympic arena.

Fuck no. I wouldn't want to give any pole dancer half an excuse to justify her job. Respect what? Stfu and dance.

Agreed pole dancing should be an oly sport. Powerlifting should also be an oly sport, MMA too while we're at it and fuck off dressage and synchronised swimming.

MMA already has world rankings, championships and commercial promotion. It doesn't need the olympics.

Dumbass powerlifters with faux mohawks aren't ever going to be in the olympics thank fuck.

The biggest problem with BBing as an Olympic sport is that it is judged completely subjective to the opinions and ideals of the panel. How do you define 'too big'. How do you define 'perfect proportions'.

You can't define so many of those things. Two people of different heights with different sized and shaped joints will have two different ideal masses for their frame, two different sets of proportions.

I would LOVE to see BBing resume its place of glory from 30/40 years ago. But I doubt we will ever see it in a competitive Olympic arena.

GL ever getting the drugs out of bodybuilding.

Bodybuilding in the Olympics. Lol. BB isn't even a sport for starters. They just stand up on a stage.

GL ever getting the drugs out of bodybuilding.

I never said anything about drugs in BB or drug free BB.

You'll never get the drugs out of BB AND have it as a sport that people ACTUALLY watch - The calibre of legitimately natural athletes just isn't anywhere in the same ball park as chemically enhanced athletes.

But again, that didn't have anything to do with my comment.

My comment was, realistically;

'I would love to see bodybuilding experiencing the same popularity and fame that it experienced in the so called Golden Age, but I don't ever expect to see it in an Olympic Arena.'

Nor would I actually like to.

My comment was, realistically;

'I would love to see bodybuilding experiencing the same popularity and fame that it experienced in the so called Golden Age, but I don't ever expect to see it in an Olympic Arena.'

Nor would I actually like to.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, don't you contradict yourself here?????