• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should i buy a kettlebell?

kindred

If i use a kettlebell should i continue doing my normal weights program?

How can i merge my freeweights (dumbbells etc ) with a kettle bell?

What weight should i get as a male?

Do i need 2?

Are they worth it or are they just the latest gimick?

We have sold hundreds of kettlebells over the last 12-18 months.
The were really popular 18-12 months ago, and the trend has suprisingly continued, generally sell a kettlebell everyday.

Most common weight for guys starting out is 16kg.
People generally buy 1 of each size, like 12kg, 16kg, 20kg, 24kg, although, some people buy them in pairs.

Here's some kettlebells for reference: Kettlebell

I don't see why you would need 'em. Use of regular dumbells and barbells in adequate.

kettlebells are awesome i want to get a couple but they are a bit expensive and anyway i have access to them at PTC. i reckon you need to have a couple of varying weights for different exercises. if i were to get some i'd probably buy:

2x12kg for thrusters
1x24kg for cannonballs
1x64kg for deadlifts

this would keep me busy for awhile i think

Kettlebells and dumbbells both have their advantages. On some movements you can use either, while others are best with one or the other.

We use KB's far more than DB's, but like David said, you need more than one, his choice is spot on.

I have
8x2
10x2
12x4
16x2
20x2
24x2
28x2
32x1
40x1
48x1
56x1
64x1

Aka the Ak47 of fitness. Fun, versatile and they nail more than one fitness component strength, cardio and flexibility. Youtube can teach you heaps about Kbs. "Enter the Kettlebell" is widely regarded as the kettlebell bible. Dragon Door have a useful forum www.dragondoor.com. Dynobells in Melbourne sell kbs and dvds on the subject, they have ads all over the net and in Mens Fitness. If you want real value for money you can't go past the detachable kettlebell which can be made into at least 8 sizes and goes up to 40 kg. Dynobells have them for $264 plus packaging and postage. I have seen them in Rebel and Amart sport, who have the Celsius brand. I would definetly have one. Every serious trainer or gym junkie should have one in their toolkit.

So I went and bought those kettlebells I earlier asked about.
I now have 12kg, 24kg, 32kg, 40kg, (one of each) which I bought for $150 in total.

Unfortunately there were no doubles available, but doesn't matter, I'm pleased with what I did get.

Now I just need to find a kettlebell workout that hubby and I can do! Any pointers on where to look or what to do?