• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should I bench press like this?

lol, he's removed the vids because of all the shit people were giving him. Glad I got to have a look before e took em off

He needs a new bench with one of those contoured seats, I'd arch my back a -tiny- bit when benching 80kg, since I got my new bench i dont arch at all now =)

Also doesnt help if you got no weight on the leg extension at the front of your bench(if it has one)

I didnt get to see how bad this guy was arching though :confused:

He needs a new bench with one of those contoured seats, I'd arch my back a -tiny- bit when benching 80kg, since I got my new bench i dont arch at all now =)

Also doesnt help if you got no weight on the leg extension at the front of your bench(if it has one)

I didnt get to see how bad this guy was arching though :confused:

It was so bad, picture this

stock-photo-business-woman-arching-her-back-on-white-10981546.jpg

Then picture only moving the barbell less than one inch up and down.

I'm sure I saw the same guy in a vid linked by Kyle in the share your vids thread. He was in a sequence of lifters doing failed and funny deadlifts. His back was arching just as much deadlifting as it was benching.

Chiro here we come...

But to be fair, he's a kid. What he needs is some good gym to take him in and teach him the craft. He doesn't know any better and is running the risk of some real injury. Guys like that need a mentor more than anything.

Cheers,
Mike

To be fair he`s a tosser.Everyone,and I mean everyone ,was telling him how crap his form was and that he wasn`t pressing but would he listen?In his comments he was justifying his form.I bet he removed the vids because he didn`t want to listen.
Good that the clip`s are gone.I just hope no other young noobs saw them and decapitated themselves trying to emulate him.

^^^ Fair call.

Didn't know some guys were trying to help him but he just wouldn't listen. Some people you just can't help.

Cheers,
Mike

Well, everyone knows that all youtube comments are written by mature, knowledgeable people :p

I feel my faith in humanity tested when i read some of the crap people post on there

wtf was that? I had to watch it twice to see what actually happened.

I only just started lifting and I couldn't imagine even trying whatever it is he just did, I don't even think I'm that flexible.

if he keeps practicing he wont even have to lift the bar from the stays, he will be able to claim a i tonne bench just load up the bar and lift your gut up to touch it, lol, it looks more like a pilates manouver than a weightlifting exercise.

what a tank, when i grow up, i want to be just like him..... LOL or maby ill just go cripple myself now instead.... wait, cant i just go cripple him instead. would be alot more enjoyable :)