• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should childless people be taxed to help families?

Being on contract it varies a bit, but it still averages about 39%, then there is HECS on top of that, which i don't mind, but still annoying :p

you must earn a big wage.

Excluding medicare levy, someone on $180,000 per year pays $54,547, which equates to 30.3%

$100,000 means $24,947 tax, which equates to less than 25%.

It is your yearly income and tax rate that matters.

Of course, there are tax on goods and services, but we are not talking about that.

Looking at a random pay slip, i earnt $3149 and was taxed $1272.

Roughly 40%, it doesn't help i am on contract and paid per hour worked, which can be up and over 300 hours some fortnights, although i do not actually work 150 hours in that fortnight, they pay me very wierdly.

Will be interesting to see what happens at tax return time.

yes, but is that just income tax. You mentioned HECS, which does need to get paid back.

But, if you have paid higher tax some weeks, it will balance out come end of year through refund.

Unfortunately, being a casual worker with some invoices, I had to repay $9,500 this year.

Last edited:
I work for a large institution, i showed my accountant and he thinks i should get a sizable return including deductions, will be interested to see the final figure.

I am not fussed, if i paid too much i get it all back anyway, being a PAYG system.

Being on contract it varies a bit, but it still averages about 39%, then there is HECS on top of that, which i don't mind, but still annoying :p

I used to pay 48% tax when I was earning ridiculous money in financial services

Freaked me out that what I paid in tax was heaps more than my father earned in a year with all his overtime

And I thought my job was useless compared with his

The world is crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know the tax system is fucked when people are paying private companies for health insurance just to reduce their tax...

I think families with kids, especially teenagers would eat more that single people or no kid families.

Looking at a random pay slip, i earnt $3149 and was taxed $1272.

Roughly 40%, it doesn't help i am on contract and paid per hour worked, which can be up and over 300 hours some fortnights, although i do not actually work 150 hours in that fortnight, they pay me very wierdly.

Will be interesting to see what happens at tax return time.

How do you work over 300 hours in a fortnight when there is only 336 hours total in a fortnight??? You work 22 hours a day 7 days a week?

Also is your payslip for a fortnight? 3149 in a fortnight is just over 80 grand a year. Sounds like your employer is deducting too much tax.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Or did you mean you got $3149 in the hand (making your tax approx 28%)?

This seems more likely.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My contract is odd, i get 2 weeks to do certain things, the company policy states i get paid a certain amount per paper, i get paid for 30 minutes, up to 600 in 2 weeks. My boss knows it doesn't take 30 minutes but i still have to be paid for it, so i get it all in the 2 weeks.

That was a random payslip.