• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sharp pain in forearm

Vex

Hi guys,

I have an injury in my forearm that appears whenever I do a preacher curl.

However, it doesn't appear until I put the weights down, and then it appears and lasts for about a week, with it randomly spiking in pain at random points and when I lift something considerably heavy and put it down. However, I can stop the pain from appearing in these extra instances should I lower the object slowly, and push down on it when the object reaches the ground.

It feels deep in the muscle as well.

I've obviously stopped doing preacher curls for now, but I would like to be able to locate the cause of it, and if possible continue doing preacher curls.

I used to have the same issue. I hear this quite often from other guys too. From my personal experience it seemed to sort its self out by training with other methods. I believed it to be some sort of cramp in the muscle due to the angle of the wrist.

I get pain doing reverse curls and palms-away pull ups. I just substituted the exercise, I recommend you do the same. You'll get the same results with something else.

I went to a physio she couldnt tell me what was going on. The pain felt like it was at the bottom of the bicep, near where it joins to the elbow.

Alright cheers guys.

I'll just keep it out of my routine for the meanwhile. Perhaps in the distant future I'll try it again and see if the pain comes back.

If it does, oh well. If it doesn't, excellent.

Preacher curls hurt my forearms and wrists to point I never do it, try doing it with a straight bar and see if it pain disappears, you may be like me and just cant use a preacher bar

Basically it's from having weak forearms. Give the curls a break and work your forearms regularly and it goes away.

Quite a common problem for lifters and can be caused by different exercises for different people, for me I found when i went heavy on skull crushes and then did preacher curls or similar I got the sharp pain down my forearms very similar to shin splints.

I stopped the skull cruches nd the pain ended up going away even though I kept the preacher curls at the time.

It use to happen to me aswell apparently it was from gripping the bar to tightly and my forearm strength needed to be improved