• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Share a bench press, squat, or deadlift tip

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Share a bench press, squat, or deadlift tip that has helped you with your form or training.

Bench
Don't fuck about too long grabbing the bar, aligning your grip, regulating your breathing and getting in the mindset, while in position holding the bar.
Do all that while sitting up on the bench.
Then drop back, grab, unhook and straight into pressing.
Get 1 or 2 extra like that.
Just my little trick to share.

Take regular videos of your lifts, find 'your' correct form...not everyone is going to look the same during a lift...eg: I have long long legs, my knees are gonna go forward a little

Squat, bench, press and dead lift twice a week for the casual trainer, one heavy session and one light high rep session.

This goes for any exercise in my opinion, but because everyone is different -
If someone gives you advice e.g. "use wide grip for bench" or "increase your ROM on this exercise" and it causes you PAIN, STOP IT!

I've had some really strong and experienced people give me advice and I've followed it to the letter without regard for whether it felt wrong/right.... And minor discomfort eventually led to injury... every time. They were able to perform the exercise in this or that way, but I cannot, for whatever reason.

The single solution for all these deadlift problems:

Weak grip
Weak off the floor
Slow bar speed
Weak or fail around knee height
Tendency to hitch near the end of the lift
Trouble locking out

The solution to all that is to deadlift more. Dats it. And never, ever tack deads on the end of a squat session. Thats for pussies who boast about how great their squat is but bitch about how bad their deadlift is.

I like to tire myself out before I deadlift to emulate a strongman comp
I've pulled 250kg at 72kg