• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shaking.

Nightlight

Hey guys,
So it's been about two weeks since ive started and my squats have gone upto 60KG at this time,
After i squat and deadlift my legs will start shaking during all of my other lifts.

Is it something i should be worried about?
'cause i just lift through it but i don't want to get injured.

Hahaha don't take what the other guys say about drugs seriously.

It used to happen to me a fair bit, still does now and then. It should settle down once your body adapts. I wouldn't really bother about it.

It's basically fatigue. You've burned up the stored energy in your muscles, and they spasm because they are only partly-fuelled, it messes up the motor neurons - the nerves that tell the muscles to contract.

Have a carbohydrate-heavy meal before the workout, or carb drink during it, this will give your body more fuel. Do a proper cool down after a workout, 5-10 minutes of light lifting or going for a walk, this will promote circulation to the depleted muscles, redistributing your energy stores. Both these things will prevent shaking.

The shaking is harmless, but having the carbs and cooldown will help recovery, leaving more energy to build muscles and making you less sore tomorrow.

My first few weeks on the ptc beginner program I couldn't deadlift without a 10min break between sets lol I couldn't stay on my feet as they felt like jelly...

I couldn't even do barbell curls as infelt my knee shaking like a bitch lol

Just keep going with the same intensity if not more and I'm sure you"ll adapt...

Are you eating before you train? It could be low blood sugar levels?

Cheers

I'm curious as to low blood sugar levels relates to shaking.
I used to get very bad shaking on heavy deadlifts, I still do occasionally but less often now :)

lots of people with diabetes will tell you they will shake if their blood sugar level drops too low.. mine does and im NOT diabetic..

But i used to shake after doing lifts... if its the same thing, it should pass over time

Its just from hard work mate. Talk to your doctor if your worried, but pretty much everyone gets it if they give it their all.

I wouldn't be too concerned about shaking, quite normal. Will worsen with pre workout supps that contain stims.