• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Setting up home gym

Shank

Hi All

I am about to put in an order to completely set up my home gym.

On the list;

DB set 10 - 40kgs
Rubber flooring
Reverse Hyper Extension
Leg press
Concept 2 rower.

What does everyone think, i have been told leg press can be a waste as you can easily out grow the weights, so was going to replace with maybe a boxing bag + stand.

Not sure about the reverse hyper as well.

Already have oly bar + 150kg of weights, and a rack + bench.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I don't think a leg press is a waste, but you will need a few hundred kilos more of plates to make it worthwhile, which will add about another grand onto the cost. I seldom use the leg press but it's useful to have if you are injured and want to keep using heavy weights, or for rehab.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i don't want to be spending another k or so on weights, so i think it will make the cut.

Can you advise on the rest of the setup or anything else i should cut / add?

Hi All

I am about to put in an order to completely set up my home gym.

On the list;

DB set 10 - 40kgs
Rubber flooring
Reverse Hyper Extension
Leg press
Concept 2 rower.

What does everyone think, i have been told leg press can be a waste as you can easily out grow the weights, so was going to replace with maybe a boxing bag + stand.

Not sure about the reverse hyper as well.

Already have oly bar + 150kg of weights, and a rack + bench.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Piss off the reverse hyper and get one of these bad boys, the only thing left to complete my gym.
gr-glute-ham-blue-cross.gif

Is that a glute ham raise ?

They are a fair bit more, i am assuming reverse hyper's can't be done on that though ?

Power rack...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

He said "Already have oly bar + 150kg of weights, and a rack + bench." and in previous posts he's talked about his MMPR.

Please pay attention :)

Is that a glute ham raise ?

They are a fair bit more, i am assuming reverse hyper's can't be done on that though ?

I find it hard to believe a GHR costs more (let alone significantly more) than a reverse hyper.

But no, you can't do reverse hypers on a GHR. You can, however, do GHRs! :D

I find it hard to believe a GHR costs more (let alone significantly more) than a reverse hyper.

But no, you can't do reverse hypers on a GHR. You can, however, do GHRs! :D

Unfortunately it's true :(

What's better :p haha, newb at both

I use the GHR a lot more (I barely use the reverse hyper at all tbh), but many people don't have the strength to use it at all straight away.

If you can try both out before buying I'd recommend doing that

I think i will just go GHR as i can't test before hand and it seems more value.

Any comment on the rest of the gear ?

The only other comment I'd have is more weights. At least another 100kg.

If you have somewhere to use it, get a prowler to - great for conditioning that doesn't make you sore the next day.

I would go more weights, but just can't afford it now, and for that reason i am not getting the leg press, it is either the leg press or the GHR, due to space

Why not just use the money you would have spent on the leg press to buy more weight? Second hand weight is reasonably cheap.

At the moment, i have 150kgs of bumpers + 30kg standard oly, this does it for me for now, i will get more when i need them.

Since i didn't require more weight, wanted to get another piece of equipment that would be of good use and worth the money.