• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SA Powerlifting Association!

alex

Anyone here ever heard of these guys, they operate out of barmera which is 45kms away from me and ive never heard of them. I spoke to the president Don Juers last night and joined. I wouldnt mind having a crack at a couple of state records!!

Don Juers is 74 and just got the world record for his 145kg deadlift! his wife is 72 and deadlifts over 100kgs.

They are only a small group but thought id give it a go. Any thoughts??
Especially from you Markos...heard of them??

I have a new client who lifts with them.

I'll get some info off him tonight and let you know Alex.

And Paul, WPC got rid of the DL bar in Feb 2010 in case you missed that one.

We used a standard bar at the Nats, which I feel is a good thing.

Straight from the rule book

Specifications are as follows:

a. The bar shall be straight, well knurled, and grooved and shall conform
to the following dimensions:
i) Total over all length not to exceed 2.2m, except for specialized squat bar.
ii) Distance between the inside collar is not to exceed 1.32m or be less than
1.31m except for specialized squat bar.
iii) Diameter of the bar is not to exceed 29mm or be less than 1.31m, except for
specialized squat bar.
iv) Weight of the bar and collars is to be 25kg.
v) Diameter of the sleeve 49.5 - 52mm.
vi) There shall be a circumferential machine marking or the bar shall be taped so
as to measure 81cm between machining or tape.
vii) Specialized squat bar shall have a maximum diameter of 32mm; a maximum
sleeve length of 508mm; distance between inside collar faces not to exceed
1434mm; a maximum overall length of 2400mm. Weight 30kg includes collars. viii) A 15kg bar is acceptable in the raw division for women and lighter weight classes.

2200mm is 7'2".....not 7'6"

The rules have been changed, thats why Paul Nay issued an email with that section on it. Its also why we didnt use it as our WR wouldnt have counted.

I still dont understand the 1.31m length between collars and 29mm bar diameter comment. Its 2 different things. My bars all measure 2200mm long and are 1310mm between collars, with a diameter of 28.6mm. Its a standard dimension bar.

Alex, that link that Paul provided is spot on.

Jason came into the gym today, strong boy. Had some funny stories about PA back in the day. He's been competing since 1986, but had a very long lay off, just back into it, loves the fed.

Fantastic, thanks Markos. Really keen to give them a go. i will be a guest lifter at their comp on nov 6th. Unfortunately i cant have a go at any records ect as i need to have lifted in one comp as a member before i can do so. bummer hey.

Will keep you guys posted on whats happening.

Thanks again for your help markos!!!

CAPO allows its lifters to lift in any federation. I'm toying with the idea of also sending some lifters to some of their comps.

Thanks for that, but thats a stupid rule. If they test the lifter and he's clean, whats the issue.

Probably why they only had 13 lifters to there Nationals this year.