• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
128576-graham-murray.jpg

RUGBY league lost one of its true gentlemen Sunday night when former Cowboys coach Graham Murray passed away. He was 58.
Murray will be fondly remembered from all points of the rugby league globe, having achieved fantastic success as a coach in Queensland, NSW and England.
But his coaching record and remarkable success only tell a small fraction of the story of rugby league's loss.
The game has also lost one of its friendliest and most likeable characters. A man who shared a terrific passion for the code, and created lifelong friendships within it.
Murray was to coach Wynnum Manly in the Intrust Super Cup this season, a club he had led previously as CEO.
But a heart attack in the pre-season put paid to those plans.
He was weakened, but fought on.
A second cardiac arrest, this one on the day of the State of Origin series decider, proved too much for him to tackle.
He had been in the Intensive Care Unit at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane since.
On Sunday the family he adored - wife Amanda and daughter Kara - made the agonising decision to switch off the life support system that had been keeping him alive.
With true grit, Muzz managed to fight on for a few more hours, as word of his worsening condition spread through the code.
But at 9.44pm EST Sunday night, a solemn text message from Wynnum Manly CEO Scott Thornton confirmed the worst. One of the game's good blokes was gone. ..............

Former NRL and State of Origin coach Graham Murray dies aged 58 | News.com.au

R.I.P. Muz. Great Coach Great Bloke.

Last edited:
Brumbie's all the way. let's hope so.

Yea mate - tough one to call - Chiefs at home and starting to fire - non of the NZ teams have 100% fired this year - I think the Crusaders team the last few weeks game close and the Chiefs on Saturday - which is worrying signs for the Australian sides leading into the test season....

Melbourne getting the staggers. Can't see them winning this year. Roosters are going great guns, but I like manly.
If the halves or Foran and Evans fire and the Stewart bro's along with Lyon, Mattai and one or 2 others are on song they will be hard to beat.

I'm gonna have a redback on them ;)

Melb always struggle around origin time and can never be counted out - at the end of the season they can grind out wins like QLD do - but lets not take anything away from the Warriors they are playing some great footy and really running under the rader at the moment - The likes of the Roosters and Souths will be hard to beat though when at full strength.

FORMER NSW and Cowboys coach Graham Murray had his life support switched off at Brisbane's Princess Alexandra Hospital Sunday night.
Contrary to news reports Murray has passed away, the former Cowboys and Roosters coach remains alive this evening, although doctors have pronounced him brain-dead.
Family members made the decision to switch off Murray's life support Sunday after being summoned by hospital staff to visit the former NSW State of Origin coach.
A close associate of the family told News Limited Sunday night: "Muz's family were called in today to switch off his life support. He's been pronounced brain-dead and remains alive, although how long he hangs in I'm not sure." ..............................
Former NRL and State of Origin coach Graham Murray's life support switched off | News.com.au

Very sad news - always a hard-ass but a fantastic coach...

Melb always struggle around origin time and can never be counted out - at the end of the season they can grind out wins like QLD do - but lets not take anything away from the Warriors they are playing some great footy and really running under the rader at the moment - The likes of the Roosters and Souths will be hard to beat though when at full strength.

Yep, this time last year, Storm lost 5 in a row. They'll come good. Hard to look past roosters and bunnies at the moment tho

Chiefs V Brumbies Super Rugby final - should be a cracker!

Chiefs at home will be very hard to beat.

What a game that chiefs vs crusaders was. Felt like a test match.
Cruden played better than carter imo. Made key tackles and looked dangerous ball in hand. I hope he doesnt sit on the bench as an injury backup for the allblacks.
Chiefs with ball in hand looked dangerous. And their scrambling defence is great. Crusaders played very well as well.

No kiwi team has lost their semi final at home for 16 games now.
No kiwi team has lost a home final. Only the crusaders in 98 and 99(?) Have beaten a kiwi away.

I cant see the chiefs losing. I know i said it for the bulls, but looking back brumbies defiantly had a chance.

Last year the sharks trip from sa to nz defiantly affected them.

Last edited:
It was only a matter of time.

Walters an option as Cowboys axe Henry
34101_20_1.jpg

Australian captain Cameron Smith has given Kevin Walters a ringing endorsement to succeed Neil Henry, with the North Queensland coach told he would not be required in 2014.

Just four months after being given an extension for 2014 as a reward for finals appearances in 2011 and 2012, Henry was informed of his termination at season's end - the veteran coach paying the price for his side's dismal 2013 campaign.

The Cowboys have won just six of 18 games to be fourth-last on the ladder, with Friday night's 18-16 loss to Brisbane ending the club's finals hopes and sealing Henry's fate.

Cowboys skipper Johnathan Thurston said he felt for his coach, admitting his absence would be felt next year.

"I feel for him and his family. It's a results-driven business and we haven't performed well. The players need to take responsibility for that too," he said on Monday.

"There's no doubt he's a great coach and tactically very smart. Certainly it's been fun playing underneath him, I've got a great relationship with him. It's going to be tough without him.

"We just all need to stick strong and play for each other. I can't fault the coaching staff or the players for the hard work that they're putting in."

Walters, who last week announced he would leave his role as assistant to Craig Bellamy at premiers Melbourne at the end of the year to return to Queensland, is the early favourite for the job.

Journeyman halfback Paul Green - currently coach of the Sydney Roosters under 20s side - and former NSW Origin five-eighth Trent Barrett, who is an assistant at Penrith, have also been mentioned as candidates.

Barrett's manager Wayne Beavis says he has had no contact from the Cowboys regarding his client.

Walters has already declared his desire to land a head coaching role, Melbourne captain Smith claiming the 45-year-old former Test and Queensland Origin five-eighth would suit the struggling Cowboys, who have Test stars Thurston, Matt Scott and James Tamou in their ranks.

"He's a Queenslander so that's a great fit there already," the Test and Queensland skipper said on Monday.

"He's got a relationship with a lot of players at the North Queensland Cowboys.

"He knows the majority of the players up there quite well so I think it would be a good fit. But I'm not going to comment on whether he should get the job or not."

Indirectly boosting Walters' chances of landing the job would no doubt be the success of another Bellamy protege in Michael Maguire - who has South Sydney flying high at the top of the ladder.

Like Maguire did with Wigan, Walters spent time as a head coach in Super League with Catalans, Smith insisting Walters was worthy of an opportunity.

"When you talk about credentials, I don't think there'd be too many better than Kevie as far as a player's concerned," Smith said.

"He's won premierships; he's played State of Origin; he's represented Australia - he's been involved in the coaching game for a long time now."

In four and a half seasons at the club, Henry achieved only moderate success with the Cowboys - last year's semi-final loss to Manly his best result despite boasting a squad brimming with representative talent.

He re-signed at the same time the club retained the services of Thurston and Scott in March, but was under pressure almost from the outset with the Cowboys losing three of their first four and nine of their first 13 games.

Walters an option as Cowboys axe Henry - NRL.com

Sharks backflip on sacked staffers

The lawyer representing sacked Cronulla doctor Dave Givney claims the threat of legal action was not the catalyst for the NRL club overturning the decision of the previous Sharks board to remove four staff in the early days of the drugs scandal.

On a dramatic day at the besieged club, the Sharks moved to make peace with those who had taken the fall in the immediate aftermath of the ASADA investigation into the club, just hours before interim chief executive Bruno Cullen quit his role with Cronulla.

It was not yet clear whether Cullen's resignation was related to the decision of the new board.

The Sharks on Monday immediately reinstated trainer Mark Noakes and reached a settlement with Givney and physiotherapist Konrad Schultz, while ex-football manager Darren Mooney is in talks about a return to the club.

Schultz and Givney have both been invited to re-apply for their positions, which are currently filled.

The board also retracted statements made by the club which might have caused damage to the reputations of the four men and offered a full apology for any such damage and the effect on their families.

Lawyer Sam Macedone, who represented Givney and Schultz, claimed both men were keen to rejoin the club, but dismissed claims the fear of legal action had caused a re-think by the new board.

"I honestly don't think that the threat of litigation had anything to do with it," Macedone told AAP.

"It was really a situation where the board in the end made a decision to review the evidence that they had and to review the whole situation - which they did.

"And they came to the conclusion that the previous board had made a mistake."

Asked about the possibility of Givney and Schultz going back to the club, Macedone said:

"I think they're both interested in going back because they have a very long association with the club.

"Particularly the doctor over 25 years. When they retire I think they'd like to retire on their terms."

In its statement, the Sharks board claimed that changes to the club's structure had altered positions that could be offered to Mooney.

But the sudden departure of Cullen may open the door for Mooney to slip in, with general manager of football Steve Noyce possibly sliding over to fill the chief executive role.

The new board was installed on a mandate to review the sackings of the four staff, who had been removed following an independent report by Trish Kavanagh.

Kavanagh was investigating Sharks management's handling of the supplement program undertaken by the club in 2011, the period of time which is the centre of an ASADA investigation.

Nine current players are set to begin interviews with ASADA on Thursday.

The Sharks were adamant the review undertaken by the club had nothing to do with that investigation.

"On conclusion of the review the board has determined that the actions which we have taken in respect of these staff are in the best interests of the club and we believe we have the support of our members in doing so," the statement read.

"The staff in question categorically deny any circumstances of wrong doing on their part or to their knowledge."

http://www.nrl.com/sharks-backflip-on-sacked-staffers/tabid/10874/newsid/73740/default.aspx

What a game that chiefs vs crusaders was. Felt like a test match.
Cruden played better than carter imo. Made key tackles and looked dangerous ball in hand. I hope he doesnt sit on the bench as an injury backup for the allblacks.
Chiefs with ball in hand looked dangerous. And their scrambling defence is great. Crusaders played very well as well.

No kiwi team has lost their semi final at home for 16 games now.
No kiwi team has lost a home final. Only the crusaders in 98 and 99(?) Have beaten a kiwi away.

I cant see the chiefs losing. I know i said it for the bulls, but looking back brumbies defiantly had a chance.

Last year the sharks trip from sa to nz defiantly affected them.

Yea mate going to be a tough one - Id like to think Chiefs by 7-8.

In other news - Ma'a Nonu cant find a team!

If this is the year he leaves NZ Rugby then I think its the right year to go - then we will have time (2 full years) to find a new 12 - Ryan Crotty from the Crusaders is my choice - only 24 - and has shown some insane form this season...the question though is he big enough for the normal All Blacks 12 crash playing centre - at only 179cm and 91-95kgs - they may stick with Francis Saili who they have picked from the Auckland Blues in the All Blacks training camp - more a traditional style All Blacks centre at 180-182cm and 100+kg - and lets not count out a return of Sonny Bill Williams who would fit right into the 12 jersey -

Ma'a Nonu - no team -

Stuff

All Blacks Training squad - No chiefs named yet due to Super Rugby final -

7 Blues players named in All Blacks training squad

I think that's why the Chiefs have done well this year, not much chopping and changing, same squad most of the season. That makes a massive difference to a side.
Brumbies 1_12 in an upset

Yea mate going to be a tough one - Id like to think Chiefs by 7-8.

In other news - Ma'a Nonu cant find a team!

If this is the year he leaves NZ Rugby then I think its the right year to go - then we will have time (2 full years) to find a new 12 - Ryan Crotty from the Crusaders is my choice - only 24 - and has shown some insane form this season...the question though is he big enough for the normal All Blacks 12 crash playing centre - at only 179cm and 91-95kgs - they may stick with Francis Saili who they have picked from the Auckland Blues in the All Blacks training camp - more a traditional style All Blacks centre at 180-182cm and 100+kg - and lets not count out a return of Sonny Bill Williams who would fit right into the 12 jersey -

Ma'a Nonu - no team -

Stuff

All Blacks Training squad - No chiefs named yet due to Super Rugby final -

7 Blues players named in All Blacks training squad

Hansen said in an interview he would like nonu at hurricanes. Nzru will want to keep him.

Yeah Crotty deserves a chance.
I wonder how rene ranger would do at 12, although he isnt a long term option.

Its prob just me, but imagine Cruden at 10 and Carter at 12. It wont happen, but if only it did.

I want to see Anscombe get a shot at the all blacks. Dagg has secured 15 due to form though.

I imagine quade will choke against all blacks. So either Toomau or Foley. Give them both a chance to duke it out for the 10 spot. Good competiton will make them play better.

I want to see Anscombe get a shot at the all blacks. Dagg has secured 15 due to form though.

He carved up the 'tahs this year. Awkward looking player, but has some wheels and can kick goals. It shows the strength of our kiwi neighbours when a guy like that probably isn't in the picture..

He carved up the 'tahs this year. Awkward looking player, but has some wheels and can kick goals. It shows the strength of our kiwi neighbours when a guy like that probably isn't in the picture..

If the all black backline goes as expected... carter at 10 will be the only goal kicker in the first 15. He is a great goalkicker so i guess they can get away with it.

He will probably get a shot come end of year tours.

Chiefs 13+.
Srs.

The brumbies will open up in 2nd half because of travelling all over the place lately.

Last edited:
Seriously what do you have to do to get sent of in the NRL these days... blatantly offside player stopped friend from scoring.. penalised, but not sent off, no one was even close to him.