• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ross Enamait on CT Fletcher

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member

http://rosstraining.com/blog/2013/12...tcher-example/

Quote:
Less than one year later, CT Fletcher has become a household name amongst lifters. He has inspired people from around the world to do more and better work. There’s been times I listened to his rants at night and got so fired up that I had to bust out a few sets before I could calm down enough to sleep. He is one of those rare individuals who spreads his passion verbally. It is contagious. He gets people up and moving.

Yet what I like the most about his success is that he isn’t preaching a single system to all. I honestly don’t know how CT Fletcher trains. Aside from watching a few videos of him lifting and hearing a few of his suggestions, I don’t know much about the specifics of his weekly schedule. I don’t need to know. The lack of instruction is actually what speaks volumes about his example. Almost anything works if you are willing to work, so when someone gets you to do more work, you improve. It’s not rocket science and CT Fletcher doesn’t pretend that it is.

He has inspired people from all walks of life to work harder than they did previously. He has inspired athletes from different sports and lifters with different goals. You don’t need to train like CT Fletcher to benefit from him. In many ways, his verbal delivery is a modern example of Vince Lombardi’s classic quote from above. Trainers with knowledge about exercise are a dime a dozen, but not all trainers are able to inspire their athletes to do things they wouldn’t otherwise do. People have benefited from CT Fletcher’s advice without being told what to do. He doesn’t need to stand over you with a clipboard, count sets and reps, and critique form to get you working harder.

In fact, one of my favorite videos from CT Fletcher is one where he discusses a few intangibles that are relevant to success (see below). He is not telling anyone what to do. Instead, he discusses mental aspects that are relevant to athletes from all sports. And once you understand and apply these mental aspects, you’ll realize that you can do well with almost any type of exercise. I may sound like a broken record, but I’ll say it again. It’s not what you do, but how you do it