• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rock Climbing/Mountaineering Thread

Used to love it when I was in my 20's.

Climbed the west wall of the middle sister of the three sisters in the blue mountains in the rain when it was still legal to do so, then absailed down the other side, top to bottom, was a great day.

Done plenty of shorter climbs, mainly in the blue mountains.

Have also absailed down the side of several buildings in the CBD of Sydney all for work when I was younger, as well as Waverley radio tower, 110meters from memory.

EDIT:
Since you mentioned back packing, back packed around Thailand in the early 90's, including tracking for a week through the Golden triangle on foot and elephant back as well as home build bamboo rafts and camping out in the jungle. Included riding a motor bike around a large part of the country over a few weeks. The leanest I ever was, not an ounce of body fat, abs and muscle definition I can only dream about these days.

Last edited:
haven't done any outdoors rock climbing on the indoors type , i loved it whcih is kinda weird as i'm not a big fan of heights

I have done a bit of indoor climbing which was a blast.. but I'm no good with heights either so I tap out there lol

EDIT:
Since you mentioned back packing, back packed around Thailand in the early 90's, including tracking for a week through the Golden triangle on foot and elephant back as well as home build bamboo rafts and camping out in the jungle. Included riding a motor bike around a large part of the country over a few weeks. The leanest I ever was, not an ounce of body fat, abs and muscle definition I can only dream about these days.

ha yeh backpacking as such should have its own thread. SO many stories i'm sure.

Tibrogargan.jpg

I climbed that one when I was young, I hate heights, it was scary.