• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rippetoe on unilateral exercises

He's a businessman, just not a great one.

Wendler now, he has it down pat. And manages to do it without being anywhere near as douchey.

While not agreeing with everything in the article. I don't mind it. I'm not a fan of all the supposed corrective exercises that are the rage at the moment. I don't think they do shit. Also not a fan of theories about muscles not firing, eg glutes, but I do think there are very useful exercises outside the main barbell lift.

Bret Contreras, I stopped listening to his stuff a long time ago.

While not agreeing with everything in the article. I don't mind it. I'm not a fan of all the supposed corrective exercises that are the rage at the moment. I don't think they do shit. Also not a fan of theories about muscles not firing, eg glutes, but I do think there are very useful exercises outside the main barbell lift.

Bret Contreras, I stopped listening to his stuff a long time ago.

What you got against Bret? Seems to be one of the best research based S&C guys out there IMO.

What you got against Bret? Seems to be one of the best research based S&C guys out there IMO.

I listened to most of that podcast and it reinforced why I stopped listening to him.

His comments like even calling himself a strength and conditioning expert. Well his lifts are shitty and who are the names of anyone he has coached. I would go to Sticky before this bloke.

Basically he loves to tell you how awesome he supposedly is. He said something like he has read more research than anyone else in strength and conditioning. He has done more glute research than anyone on the planet. All that bullshit and as far as I can see he has never done or come up with any decent ideas anyway.

fair enough. All entitled to our own opinion. He is weak though, but just as you shouldn't listen to the big ripped guys with their broscience (based on physique), I don't think you can discount someone because of their strength levels. Could just be lazy haha

fair enough. All entitled to our own opinion. He is weak though, but just as you shouldn't listen to the big ripped guys with their broscience (based on physique), I don't think you can discount someone because of their strength levels. Could just be lazy haha

I said this in the PT thread. You are right being strong doesn't mean you are right. But he trains and calls himself a strength and conditioning expert. He is struggling to train himself to any decent numbers and I don't know of any noteworthy lifters he has trained.

He also likes to brag about his lifts?? Which are not impressive anyway and likes to brag about training for 20 or so years. Again makes his lifting even less impressive.

So with all his research knowledge and amount of glute work he has done he hasn't been able to train anyone decent or able to put any decent numbers up himself.

That makes me question some of his advise.

Bazza, maybe he is more interested in the science and research behind the training rather than the training itself. Perhaps with all the time he spends researching and writing articles he doesn't have the time to do the training he would like to do. Work pays the bills, not exercise or lifting. I'm just speculating here and without looking at it objectively I'd agree with what you are saying.

Bazza, maybe he is more interested in the science and research behind the training rather than the training itself. Perhaps with all the time he spends researching and writing articles he doesn't have the time to do the training he would like to do. Work pays the bills, not exercise or lifting. I'm just speculating here and without looking at it objectively I'd agree with what you are saying.

Maybe but he likes to brag about his training and the people he trains.